chapter XI ༄

Nowhere to hide from this madness.

                 | Madness - Ruelle

 Blinking a few times, Julia opened her eyes, the sunlight hovering over her blanket

Blinking a few times, Julia opened her eyes, the sunlight hovering over her blanket. After her eyesight got adjusted, she looked around. She found herself in the dormitory, lying in the bed, memories from yesterday filling her head. She was smiling.

After realizing that the breakfast had already begun, she quickly changed into a pullover and black jeans, rushing to the Great Hall afterwards. She sat down between Aaliyah and Pandora, whom occupied her place.

"Morning." Julia said while placing food on her plate.

"Hi, gal." Aaliyah greeted her back, excitedly.

The three of them formed a conversation, which was later on interrupted by the headmaster, who announced the latest updates on Myrtle's case.
"The voluntary student has proven us right, thus finding the guilty one, who will be expelled from Hogwarts. Thank you for investigating, Mr.Riddle." Dippet smiled at the student, who was clearly not flattered, but to keep his manners, he smiled back.

"Anytime, headmaster." his teeth were clenched.

After exchanging smiles, Tom's gaze travelled to Julia, who was also looking at him, the questions filling her head.

"Are you alright, My Lord?" Avery asked with a worried look.

"I don't feel I am." he replied, his eyes still fixated on the girl.

"Is it about the boy? If you want, we could take care of-"

"No." Tom replied in a husky tone. "He is not a problem, for he got expelled... I would appreciate no further interrogation, Avery."

"Yes, My Lord." the boy said, nodding.

~

Julia was heading upstairs, getting ready for the first class of the day. Suddenly, when she was passing by one of the girl's bathroom, someone grabbed her arm and pulled her inside.

"What are you-" she panted, but calmed down when she realized it was Pandora who pulled her in.

"I think you owe me an explanation." she said, letting go of Julia. "Where did you go with Tom last night?"

"I-he took me to the Astronomy Tower." Julia had no idea about why her best friend interrogated her.

"Why?"

"Because-..well, we talked for a while."

"About what?"

"For Merlin's sake, Pandora! We just had a chat. Nothing more. If this is about sex-" Julia snapped.

Pandora's eyes widened. "Wha-NO! I am not talking about that! And I really do hope that that's not going to happen... Besides, I wanted to ask you something."