chapter XX ༄

We could've turned around

              |Circles - Post Malone

It only took Tom seconds to push the girl against the wall

It only took Tom seconds to push the girl against the wall. He started kissing her gently, tracing his fingers on her collarbone. He stopped after a few seconds, looking deeply into Julia's eyes.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked, caressing her cheek.

"More than anything." she whispered.

Tom leaned in, kissing her once again but this time more passionately and roughly. A hot make out session begun between the two, and it didn't look like it would stop any time soon.

Tom was still ruthless and cruel, but there was no denying that Julia was in love with him. And she didn't regret it. She loved hearing his loud moans of pleasure, she loved seeing this lustful, dominant side of him. And she loved the fact that she made him feel like that.

~

Julia opened her eyes. She slept in the Room of Requirement on one of the couches. Tom was laying beside her, still asleep. The girl's cheeks immediately turned a bright red after remembering their moment.

She slowly got out of bed, putting her clothes on. The sunlight was hovering on the floor, warming up Julia's bare foot. She walked to the window, admiring the view.

The mountains and glades were covered in white, and with the sun shining, everything looked like heaven. It was rare seeing the sun shine during winter.

Suddenly, the girl felt a presence behind her, and seconds later she found Tom hugging her from behind. It was weird; Tom was weird. But she liked it and she felt at peace.

"Hey." she smiled, still looking out the window.

"Good morning." he greeted back, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Julia frowned. "You seem quite happy."

"You're stating that as if it's a problem."

"It's not. It's just... unusual. Coming from you, at least." she turned around, leaning her head on his chest.

There was a moment of silence, but it wasn't awkward. It was peaceful.

"How are you feeling?" the boy asked, looking down at Julia.

"Good."

"Good." he repeated, a slight smile appearing on his face. "Thank you."

"For what?" she looked up at him in confusion.

"For last night." he gave her a peck on the lips, walking away from her afterwards.

Tom grabbed his clothes, putting them on. He started walking towards the exit.

"Wait... where are you going?" the girl asked, a bit disappointed.

"I have to make sure everyone is ready to go. You should come too."

"Go where?"

"It's the holidays, Julia." Tom sighed. "Don't tell me you didn't pack your things."

"Uh, no? I mean, I didn't have time to pack. So many things happened and I-" she stopped taking a breath. "I forgot."

"So you should go now and pack. I believe half of the school is already done and ready to go."

Julia nodded, rushing towards the exit. They both left the room, which's door faded away seconds later.

"Where will you go?" the girl asked.

"I'm staying here."

Julia felt a pressure on her chest. She felt bad for Tom. He could've gone to the orphanage, but she understood why he didn't choose that option. And Hogwarts, in her opinion, was the safest and most welcoming place of all. Still, she felt like she had to ask him:

"Why don't you come with me?"

Tom stopped walking. He slowly turned his head to Julia. "Thank you, but I can't. I have planned many things for the holidays that I want to accomplish."

"Can't you accomplish them at my place?"

"I believe I can't and I don't want to." he sighed, massaging his nose bridge.

"But wh-"

"Go and pack, Julia. Do you really want to make the whole bloody school wait for you?" he asked, more gently than it sounds.

"Fine." the girl continued walking, making her way towards the common room.

She packed her things as quickly as possible, rushing down to the great hall with the suitcase in her hand.

She made her way to Pandora and Aaliyah.

"At last! Where have you been?" Aaliyah whined at Julia.

"Sorry, I forgot we were leaving today."

"I wasn't talking about that, silly." Aaliyah sighed. "You weren't in the common room last night, so where were you?"

"I-......." Julia opened her mouth, but she didn't know how to explain herself. "I fell asleep in the library. You know, studying and stuff."

"With Tom?" Pandora asked, smirking.

"Right." Julia rolled her eyes playfully.

~

The students got on the train one by one, some with a bittersweet expression, some with a "finally no school for a week" expression. Julia was on the bittersweet side. She sat in one of the cabinets with Aaliyah and Pandora, looking out the window and admiring Hogwarts while she could. She felt like it was the last time she would see the school. And Tom.

She felt as if she wouldn't see him again; a strong, strong feeling inside of her was telling the girl to forget about him as quickly as possible, because it wouldn't last for long and she didn't want her heart to become a broken one. Yet, she was still in love with him. And love cannot be forgotten that easily.

The train started moving, and with it the image of Hogwarts started fading away.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Hi guys! Thank you so so so so soooo much for 20k+ reads. I am beyond thankful. I love you all<3

I know that many of you were expecting mature content (in other words smut), but I have never written such a thing before, therefore I have no clue on how to write it, if that makes sense. But I promise to you, that I will try in the future. I hope I won't disappoint any of you.

I am sorry for not uploading that often, but I have my exams coming up (approx. 2-3 weeks) and I am really trying to spend most of my time on learning. I hope you understand.

Please stay safe during these times, and thank you again for reading this story.

I love each and every one of you!

Hugs and kisses from your dear author
🖤