chapter XXI ༄

|Moonlight Sonata - L. V. Beethoven

(I recommend dark mode for this part)

A sad, bittersweet feeling consumed Tom as he watched the sight of the train fading

A sad, bittersweet feeling consumed Tom as he watched the sight of the train fading. He was going to miss her. Every bit of her. But he must do what must be done. He must follow his plan. And this time nothing and no one will stop him from doing so.

   He walked away from the window, heading straight back into the Room of Requirement. He sat down on the couch, nervously running his hand through his hair. He leaned back, his fists clenched. He closed his eyes for a small moment, inhaling and exhaling the air, slowly. He sat up, pulling the curtains.

Darkness dominated the room. The only source of light was the fireplace, which was about to go out, dimming the room ever so slightly. He thought of a candle, and the room being one that gives you whatever you need, it appeared right in front of him. He lit it up, only using his mind. That's how powerful he was. And he was about to become even more powerful. He was already becoming the darkest wizard of all time. And now was the time to make his first move.

He held the candle, walking towards the big, black instrument that almost melted with the darkness of the room itself. He placed it down on top of the piano, sliding his slender fingers on the tiles.

He remembered the places his fingers travelled to the other night. Oh, the things they could do... He slightly licked them, hoping he would still taste the sweetness that would remind him of Julia.

  A look of disappointment appeared on his face. There was no more sweetness. There was no more Julia.

He felt like he needed to let the pressing sadness out of himself. He pressed down on the tiles, this time playing a rather melancholic melody; moonlight sonata.

While playing, he closed his eyes, envisioning himself as the future Dark Lord, whose name will be known amongst all wizards.

There were two things he couldn't let go of. Power and Julia. The question was, which one was more important and which is the one he would hold onto forever. . .