|scream|

I shifted out of the bed as I felt the need for water

I shifted out of the bed as I felt the need for water. My feet making contact with the cold wooden floor of the house. I sigh tiredly as I grab a cup and walk to my fridge.

I get water from the fridge and drink it half way when I then hear a loud scream. I place the cup down almost making it fall and break.

I run upstairs and back into the bedroom where haemi sat on the bed crying. I coo as I make my way to her quickly. It broke my heart to see her like this, having to deal with those horrible night terrors she suffered from for almost three years, they started when her mom died, it was her minds way of dealing with the trauma of watching her mother be murdered right in front of her.

" hey baby I'm right here okay, breathe for me okay, slowly, here " I grab her hand and place it on my chest as I breathe slowly and she copies my breathing.

" better now? " I smile softly as I caress her cheek.

" yeah " she mumbles.

" same nightmares? " I ask and sigh as she nods her head.

I pull her into my arms and caress her head. Making sure I hummed for her so it could calm her down further. I climb into the bed and hold her to my chest like a little baby. I then hear her breath get slower and more calm.

" please have sweet dreams gorgeous " I mumble as I then fall asleep while holding her tightly.