|words hurt|

DISCLAIMER: mention of suicide

It seems like the world turned dark, no light or kindness. Just hate and greed. People forgot to say nice words and instead spit venom. Which eventually leads to someone wanting to take their life, all those rude things echoing in their heads.

" I just wanted say that, words hurt. I know you've probably heard that millions of times and your probably tired of it but listen to me. Whatever you say to someone determines how long they're going to live. Maybe if you say something nice, that may just save a person from dying today. But if you want to say something mean because maybe your in a bad mood, that person could snap and you'll never see them again " I say as my hands shake while holding a bracelet.

" don't just say oh he's saying this because he probably got bullied and wanted to end his life. No, it wasn't me who the words took away, but my wife. She was in her last year of college and excited to start a new chapter in her life, we made so many plans for the future not knowing that she wasn't going to be part of that future. I remember that week was wonderful, she looked so happy. One day I came home from work and found her in the bathroom, unconscious, she had overdosed on sleeping pills. I remember asking myself why, why didn't I notice sooner. Why didn't I pay more attention, why didn't I sit her down and listen to what she had to say. I was heartbroken, I didn't want to leave my house because I felt like it was my fault " I sigh into the microphone, the high school students giving me all sad looks, some even crying.

" please, please pay attention to your classmates, friends, lovers, pay attention for any signs of anything. Because maybe if I payed more attention, she would be here, and I wouldn't be standing on this stage talking to you all about how words can hurt a person so much that they don't want to live anymore. So if you have a minute before you get to class or before you leave, or before you go to sleep, check on your friends, ask them questions about their day or whatever it takes to make them talk to you about their mental health. Take care of each other, please " I smile sadly and bow.

" remember, words hurt. Your next words to someone may determine how many days you add to their life or take away. Thank you for listening "

I leave the stage as the students clap. It all made me nostalgic, I remember my high school days, they were full of laughter and smiles. I met Seolhyun in freshman year of high school. We got married after her freshman year in college. We were planning on having a big family and then after raising our kids and watch them make their own lives with their partners and possibly have grandkids, we would move back to busan to spend the rest of our days there, where everything started.

" I'm so proud of you Jungkook, you're so strong. I'm sure Seolyn would be proud of you to see that your trying to make an impact in these kids lives " Taehyung smiles at me as he pats my back.

" thanks hyung, I'm doing this so people can see that bullying isn't the way to let out anger. Bullying and saying mean things is never okay and it shouldn't be " I sigh.

He nods as he smiles.

" come on let's go get something to eat, you haven't eaten all day " he then leads the way out.

" thank you for your speech today Jungkook, it really means a lot to me and the staff that you come talk to these kids about bullying. I know how much you loved Seolyn, it really hurts me as well, she was a great student that helped everyone and stood up for everyone. She put other people before her, thank you again, I hope you're doing better, I know the funeral affected you and your son as well. I know it's hard to take care of a child on your own, especially after this tragedy " principal Park says.

She gives me a look of pity, one that she used to give me when I attended this high school with seolhyun a few years ago, when Seolyn stood up for a girl and I stead got beat up while the girl left untouched.

" thank you miss park, I'll be going now. If you need me to come again I will, have a good day and thank you for this opportunity " I smile and now my head.

" it was a pleasure to have you back here. Good luck in life Jungkook, don't give up that little boy needs you "