Rhiannon - Making the shelf

(A/N: but like with brown hair)

Friday had finally rolled around and Rhiannon was fixing her dress in the common room as she waited for Lily. She wore a deep burgundy dress that complimented the pink in her cheeks quite nicely. Her necklace was gold with flowery designs and had belonged to her mother.

Without her knowledge, Remus was looking up at her as though of his eyes' own accord. She was distracting him from his book. She just looked so damn beautiful. But she hadn't asked him to go with her. So he sat silently.

"Ready to go?" Called Lily, as she made her way downstairs in a green dress. The green matched her eyes and Rhiannon smiled at her appearance, James nearly fell off his chair.

"I've been ready for fifteen minutes," said Rhiannon.

"Yeah, but you were probably just fixing your dress, I know how you fidget, I live with you." Said Lily.

Rhiannon looped her arm around Lily's and she turned to Remus.

"I thought that Slughorn invited you." She said confused at why her favourite marauder wouldn't be joining them.

Remus met her gaze almost timidly, smiling slightly. "I just had some homework to catch up on." He said.

"That's a shame." Said Rhiannon, looking away, "wish us luck."

"Good luck." Said Remus as the two girls walked away. He read his book contentedly as James nudged his shoulder.

"Don't worry, Mclaggen can keep you company." Said Lily, he snapped his book shut.

"Don't joke." Said Rhiannon dramatically as they exited the portrait hole to get to Slughorns office.

As the night wore on, Rhiannon found herself distracted by some old pictures on the shelf. They were of old students.

She found one familiar face and her face suddenly heated with rage. His face was smiling charmingly at the camera. He was young, couldn't have been older than her. But there he was all smiling like the future psychopath that he was.

She picked up the old photograph. Slughorn came up behind her.

"Oh, you've found the shelf! Someday your picture might make it up here, see your sisters is right there." He said pointing at where Eurydice half smiled at the camera. Eurydice was very beautiful despite the fact that she bore a great resemblance to their father. Strong bone structure with dark hair and crystalline blue eyes. The same eyes Rhiannon had.

"Professor, why is Tom Riddle here?" She asked, and the old man grew very quiet, examining his past prized pupil.

"An oversight, my dear girl. How do you know his true name?" He asked,

"He tore my family apart, sir. I made it my business to know everything about him." Said Rhiannon.

Slughorn chuckled at the determined look in her eye.

"Your sister had that same look in her eye, so driven. If I were you know who I would look out." Said the old man before waddling away from the conversation.

Taking one last glance at the photo of her sister, Rhiannon headed back to the common room.

She took off her low heels and walked barefoot so that no one could hear her coming. She hated that he was he father. The only reason she hadn't killed herself was because of her sisters. She wished her mom was still around.

Persephone Fields had a way about her. Rhiannon would have done anything to be held by her loving mother one final time. She hated that Antheia had found the body. She hated that it was her fathers fault and that he hadn't stopped his quest for power. She even hated that her father enjoyed talking to her. More so than her other sisters.

Just seeing his photo sent her into a tail spin. She closed her eyes tight not wanting to face reality. She opened them when she ran into something. She opened her eyes and still seeing nothing, when suddenly Sirius' face popped out of thin air.

"Merlin, Sirius, I could have made a kitchen run if you had asked." Said Rhiannon.

"I live life on the edge. What is that" he said, nodding at the photo she had nicked from Slughorns office.

"Nothing." Said Rhiannon moving it behind his back quickly but not quickly enough as Sirius grabbed the picture.

"Wow, not your type but he's handsome." Said Sirius, and Rhiannon burst out laughing. Holding her sides as Sirius had just called the dark lord handsome.

"I should hope not, that's my father, when he was our age," Sirius' face paled, and he looked back down at the photo. "He made Slughorns shelf."

"Oh, you're not going to want to hear this, but you have his eyes." He said, holding the photo next to her face. "And skin. Boy, Eurydice sure does look like him, doesn't she?"

"Why do you think she moved to America?"

"Guns?"

Rhiannon laughed. "Good luck in the kitchens hope you find what you're looking for. And tell Marlene I said hi, she will know what it means."

Sirius blushed and became invisible again.