Rhiannon - Eurydice

Eurydice sat by her sisters bed and examined the marks left on her by their father. It was strange to be back in Hogwarts but natural to be in her sisters company.

"It's a blessing and a curse that father wishes to spend so much time with you." Said Eurydice, raising her wand to heal the more minor of her cuts.

"A blessing, feel free to trade places with me." Said Rhiannon, sarcastically.

"You are quite the mole." Said Eurydice, "we are so close to a conviction thanks to you."

"Eurydice? Can you take Antheia and I away?" Asked Rhiannon, clutching her sisters hand.

Eurydice didn't like to be touched but she knew Rhiannon needed to be. Needed to feel human warmth. She had been in the middle. She hadn't known their mother as long hadn't received as many hugs, and she had been too old to over look their fathers flaws.

"I've been trying. But I'm afraid we need a spy on the inside."

"I don't want to be a death eater." Said Rhiannon.

"Good lord no." Said Eurydice. "Just until you graduate."

"What if he kills me." Asked Rhiannon emotionlessly, although it was a very real fear.

"He won't. He would kill me, but you?"

"Yeah I know, this is as bad as it will get." Said Rhiannon, struggling to sit up. "But there's something else."

"What?"

"He wants me to make a horcrux. Says if I'm mortal I am too susceptible to dying from the potions he tests on me, and the discipline I need." Rhiannon said, squeezing her sisters hand trying to prevent the tears from coming. Eurydice didn't like tears.

"Horcruxes." Repeated Eurydice, "That's it. Rhiannon, may I have your memory?"

She placed Rhiannon's wand in her hand and Rhiannon lifted it to her own temple, extracting the memory.

She placed it in a small tube Eurydice had provided.

"I miss you." Said Rhiannon.

"And I you." Said Eurydice truthfully. Their letters were the best parts of her day. "Who was the boy?"

Rhiannon looked away,

"He stayed all day, even made small talk, and asked questions about mama and you when you were little. If I didn't know better I'd say that boy is in love with you." Teased Eurydice,

"His name is Elio." Said Rhiannon. "We were sort of forced together but we just kind of mesh. Like muggle chemistry."

"Oh, you don't make sense. You do like him. And a Slytherin? I am shocked."

"Eurydice, you are a Slytherin." Said Rhiannon.

"I know I know, but I remember you parading around in your Gryffindor robes oh so proud to be a lion not a snake. If it hadn't been so hilarious I would have been offended." Said Eurydice, poling her sisters cheek quickly.

Rhiannon scrunched up her nose. She exhaled.

"Have you been smoking?" Asked Eurydice.

"I'm sorry, but it's only once in a while and Elios helping me quit."

"I'm liking that boy more and more." Said Eurydice.

Eurydice was meeting with Dumbledore and had left Rhiannon in the care of Elio, Marlene, and Sirius.

Rhiannon was sitting up smiling as Marlene braided her hair. A lot of the colour had returned to her face. Sirius was eating the candy James had given her because Rhiannon didn't like it and it shouldn't go to waste. Elio was uncomfortable but it was better than being in the Slytherin common room as Snape sneered about mud bloods, and Lucius spoke of his latest conquest.

He sat silently as Marlene and Sirius tried to make Rhiannon laugh. Her fingers twitched, a sign she was craving a cigarette. He frowned when Marlene and Sirius left for dinner.

Rhiannon scooted over in her bed as though to make room for him. He really noticed how she liked to be near to the people she was close to.

"Come on." She said, and he lay into the bed next to her, trying not to lie down on her hair.

"What would the Quidditch captains say?" Tisked Elio settling into the space beside her. She looped her arm through his and put her head on his shoulder. She breathed deeply. She really liked the way he smelt.

"Frankly I don't care. They can go fuck themselves. Especially after I saw McLaggen and Parkinson in a broom closet together." Said Rhiannon.

"Well in that case." Said Elio, holding her hand.

She was so affectionate. It must kill her to be away from her sisters for so long.

"What have I missed at school?" She asked, filling the silence.

"Slughorn shaved his moustache." Said Elio, she turned to look at him eyes wild, a laugh escaping her lips.

"Please tell me it won't grow back before I can see him." Said Rhiannon, smiling brightly.

"Maybe, you can always look through my memories." Said Elio, relaxing deeper into the scent of peppermint. "What happened?"

"I don't, no, no talking about it not yet." She muttered. "We had a fight. I got some shots in too."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, now he doesn't really have a nose." Said Rhiannon.

"You took his nose?"

"What?" She asked as though offended that he thought it so improbable that she would actually land a hit on the dark lord. "We had a fight. He hit my arms and my magic lashed out at him. He can't die so now his nose is diminished."

"And he hasn't killed you?"

"He would never kill one of his own. Only seriously harm."

"Cause that's so much better."

"That's what I said." Rhiannon seemed to have nestled into the crook of his neck. Her eyes were getting heavier.

"I want to run away with you." He whispered, she made no sound of reaction, he only felt her breath hitting his neck at a steady pace. He looked down to see that she had fallen asleep.

Elio sighed he didn't want her to be near Voldemort ever again. He cared to much. Despite his blood prejudices, he was a caring person, the hat had even tried to put him most anywhere but Slytherin. If he and Rhiannon did marry under her Fathers terms, they would never be free of him.

Rhiannon would come home looking like hell and Elio would be forced into life as a death eater like his older brother Bartholomew. There would come a time when they could no longer make it all better by holding each other.

He didn't want to be without her either. She made him happy. Like a flower was blooming in his chest whenever she was around. Or whenever he thought about her. Or whenever he smelt peppermint.

Elio turned his head slightly as he heard Eurydice walk through the door. She smiled at him and pulled up the seat next to the bed. Eurydice was extremely beautiful, but it was measured and precise. Unattainable. Rhiannon on the other hand was perfectly imperfect. Rhiannon was stunning. Elio turned to look down at her, before turning back to Eurydice.

"She likes you." Said Eurydice, "She gets very touchy with people she likes."

Eurydice had perfect posture and an unusually soft look in her eye.

Elio made to move away, shifting slightly but Eurydice shook her head.

"Don't." She said, he didn't understand until Rhiannon's arm was suddenly around his waist, her having rolled onto her stomach to be closer to him. "See, she likes you." Eurydice was whispering. She pulled an albino snake out of her pocket, "I brought Gertrude."