Rhiannon - Come, speak with your father

Rhiannon walked into her home

Rhiannon walked into her home. She simply stood in front of the stairs on the cool marble floors where her mother had hugged her so tightly before bringing her to kings cross station. She knew Antheia was not here yet from her last letter. She was waiting for a ride from Mrs Black. As all magical means of transport to Little Hangleton were blocked. After her mother's death of course.

"Rhiannon." Called her fathers voice from up the stairs. "Come. Speak with your father."

Rhiannon walked up into his office he sat at his desk, leaning back comfortably in his chair. He did not rise to greet her, he made no motion for her to come and hug him. He simply gestured for her to take the seat across from him in the dark office.

"Happy you could come." He said. His skin looked as though it had been stretched across his face and had lost all colour. His hair was flatter and his eyes were red.

"Well when you told me you would torture Antheia if I didn't and tell her it was my fault, it didn't really leave much choice did it?" Said Rhiannon, leaning back in her own seat. Something her father despised. When she mimicked his physical actions over zealously.

"A technicality. Forgive me for wanting a family holiday." He drawled.

He locked eyes with her and tried to probe her mind. Surprised when her Occlumency walls strongly held him out. His eyebrows shot up as she flipped it on him and began to reach into his mind.

He smiled. Rhiannon frowned.

"You are my daughter. Occlumency, impressive, not as impressive however as Legilimency. How is Hogwarts?" He asked.

"Fine. I found your picture in Slughorns office." She supplied, knowing no matter what she said he would still keep her here for thirty minutes.

"On the shelf I presume, with the other distinguished graduates." Said her father smiling at his gutsiest daughter. She pulled it out of her nap sack and he took it from her, admiring the old photograph. "Ever the kleptomaniac. It's fine as long as you are not stealing from me." He added, glancing at her scarred fore arms.

Rhiannon huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "It was right next to Eurydice's. It didn't seem right to leave it there." His smile faultered. "People may begin to see the resemblance."

"She made the shelf?" Asked her father, disbelief written all over his face. Rhiannon knew it was false. She knew he respected Eurydice.

"She studied hard and now she is the youngest curse breaker and potions master MACUSA has ever seen. She gives Slughorn travel tips he'll never use." Rhiannon and Eurydice were closer than their father would have liked.

"The old fool. Probably never even notices how you never pay attention in class." Said her father disapprovingly.

"I get high enough marks. I pay the attention I need to." Said Rhiannon.