Rhiannon - Amortentia

Rhiannon was late to potions that day. Elio was waiting for her, he had kept the seat beside him free. They were brewing Amortentia today. The class had begun to brew and the room was already starting to fill up with the scent of peppermint. Peppermint and the underlying scent of cigarettes.

He had finished his potion already, and there was only about fifteen minutes left in class when he heard Rhiannon walk through the door.

"Sorry I'm late professor, I had a meeting with the head master." She explained,

"Not to worry, my dear girl, you can always make it up to me by attending one of my dinners." Said Slughorn before waddling away.

Rhiannon slid into the space next to him. He turned to her curious.

"What do you smell?" He asked, she furrowed her eyebrows at him, she didn't smell anything out of the ordinary she only smelt him.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"The room, what does it smell like to you?" He asked holding her gaze, trying to prevent her from looking into the cauldron and recognizing the potion.

"Well I wasn't going to say anything, but you've used an awful lot of that pine cologne you always wear. The whole classroom smells like you." She said, turning to fish something out of her back pack, "That and the beach."

Elio's heart started beating faster. His face began to flush. She smelt him in her Amortentia. A beautiful feeling formed in his chest.

"Don't you smell it?" She questioned, turning to him still confused.

"No. I smell peppermint, and a small scent of cigarettes." He said plainly.

"That's odd," she said, sitting up in her seat to try to peer over his potion, "a potion rarely gives off two different scents only Amo-" she spotted the spiral steam coming from the characteristic mother of pearl sheen surface. Her face turned bright pink at the realization. She looked away.

She knew she smelt like peppermint, it was the only thing strong enough to cover the nicotine on her breath. That and she rather liked the essential oil.

She braided her hair, just to have something else to do. Elio never took his eyes off of her.

Was she not happy she smelt him? Did she expect to smell someone else? Her legs were touching his beneath the table, she never pulled away.