d.s.<bronchitis>

it was days like these daniel couldn't bare. where he'd wake up in a cold sweat, and his throat was killing him.

daniel rarely ever gets sick, so he usually never worries about it.

but it was around 3am when daniel woke up in a cold sweat and hard breathing. he sat up and brought his hands to his temples trying to ease the pain in his head.

he was getting sick and he could tell.

he sat on his bed for a couple hours trying to ease the pain, but to him it just made it worse. he let out a cough and sounded dry.

he got up and ran to the sick for some water. he felt like his throat was going to let him down and collapse on him any second.

as he swallowed the water it felt like dry sand paper in his throat.

he let out a whimper and some tears.

as he drank some more his throat felt worse. he coughed again but this time was worse.

blood spattered onto his hand and his breathing was on edge.

he gripped onto the countertop in order not to tipsy over.

he coughed more and blood came up again and let it out on the floor. he began crying as the pain didn't settle.

he then remembered they had a concert coming up and he had to pull through.

he didn't wanna let anyone down. that's what his worst fear was.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

as daniel woke up the next day his throat felt the same. he felt as if his throat was closed and he couldn't breath. as he sat up he coughed and his throat was dry.

as he got up the boys where surrounded by the blood on the floor he had left the night before.

oh shit

he pretended like nothing happened.

"hey guys what's going on" he asked the boys. "there's blood on the floor and no one's owning up to it" jonah said looking up at daniel who looked out of it.

daniel was getting ready to open his mouth, but corbyn stepped in.

"yeah and they keep blaming it on me too" corbyn said looking annoyed. "your the only one corbyns who had throat surgery, if it's anyones blood, its yours" zach yelled at corbyn.

corbyn didn't say anything he just walked to the back of the bus.

daniel wanted to tell him it was him, but he couldn't. corbyn was older he could handle some lies.

"if it really was corbyn he can't do the show tonight and that's that." once daniel heard that, his ears perked up. daniel was the one suffering, but yet he was the one performing. "do you really think that's necessary" daniel coughed out trying to hide the evident rasp in his voice.

"it is. we don't need him damaging his voice" our manager spoke before walking to where corbyn went off to.

daniel sighed and sat down on the couch with his head it his hands.

he was in pain. so much of it. his throat was throbbing his head was pounding, but yet he still didn't wanna let anyone down. jack noticed and sat down next to daniel.

"hey bud. you okay" he asked while placing his hand on his back.. "y-y-yeah" daniel forced out trying to cover up his cough that needed released.

daniel couldn't hide it. he had to cough. he regretted it as soon as he did.

immediatley after he coughed blood spattered everywhere. jack jolted up and screamed. "what the fuck daniel" he ran to the cabinet's and grabbed a bucket.

he placed it under daniels chin waiting for more to come up.

daniel pushed his hand away and let out a "no" "dude whats wrong", jack asked sitting beside him, hating to see his friend in such distress.

"my throat hurts really bad" daniel let out followed by a sob.

"can you breath" "yes. but it hurts so bad jack when i do. i feel like im breathing through a paper straw." daniel let out, sobbing more.

"shhhh. no more talking. im taking you to the hospital." daniel wanted to disagree, but when he opened his mouth nothing would come out. that made him panic more.

once him and jack got to the hospital, they took him to get his throat check almost immediately due to him being a singer.

jack had called all the boys down, now they all where waiting for some news.

corbyn was tapping his foot.

jonah was biting his nail.

zach was pulling his hair.

and jack was playing with his nose ring.

all these things the boys did when they where nervous and everyone knew it.

"daniel seavey" they all jolted up to the name. "come with me" the doctor said leading all 4 boys outside his room.

"daniel had been diagnosed with brohntites. he started throwing up blood due to the amount of medicine he had taken a couple night ago. therefore he has to take a break from singing and has to take medicine daily." the doctor spoke.

"can we see him" jack asked. "yes you may"

all 4 boys walked into his room to see daniel smiling up at the tv eating ice cream. jack walked over to him and say down beside him.

he looked way happier than this morning.

"hey" jack said running his hands through his hair. daniel softened to the touch. he waved his hand saying hi to all the boys knowing he couldn't talk.

jack smiled at him then looked down to his lips.

he had an addiction to daniels lips. he's always wanted to feel them and touch them.

daniel noticed and smile. he placed his hand on the back of jacks neck and pulled him down into a kiss.

as they pulled away they both smiled. "i love you" jack said making daniels day.

daniel smiled and mouthed "i love you too"

jack got into daniels bed and let daniel cuddle into his side.

"im never letting you go" jack whispered into daniels ear before drifting into a soft slumber.