Day 2: Baby Steps Tuesday

Nat's POV

'And she's still alive!!' Niall shouts making crowd cheering noises as soon as I enter the sitting room.

I laugh and say, 'So I might've overslept?'

'Babe, it's 2 pm. Overslept is a major understatement.'

'Come on! I'm not a morning person!'

'Neither am I. But I manage to wake up when it's still acceptable to do so!'

'Okay. So tell me then. What have you done since you woke up till now?'

'I had breakfast, did my work out, went on a run and I just came back. I was resting for a bit before I take a shower. Is that why you're still standing by the door? I don't think I stink that badly.' He chuckles.

I shyly take a seat of the edge of the sofa. And I just stare at him as if I'm waiting for him to say something. But he just stares back as if he's observing an alien or some animal in the zoo waiting to see what they do next.

'Right. So I'm gonna take a shower. You can check the fridge and the cabinets in the kitchen for something to eat. You don't need my permission to eat.'

'I know...'

'Just needed to make sure.'

He stands up and on his way to leave the room he pokes my cheek. I watch him leave shocking myself in the process. Did I just check him out? No! Wtf? Stop. It's only day 2. Just go find something to eat. This did not happen. I didn't see anything anyway. Well, that's a lie! He's wearing workout pants. They're not exactly baggy. I saw everything there is to see from that back area. Okay, seriously you need to shut up right now. 

I turn on the TV that's in the kitchen and sit on the stool by the kitchen island while I cook myself some omelette. 

As I'm about to take my third bite, he walks back into the room. Short blue shorts, and a white t-shirt, he's messing with his soaking wet hair.

'You're not gonna dry that?' I ask.

'Nah... I'm not planning on going anywhere. Gonna let it dry on its own. what're you eating? Smells delicious.'

'It's just some omelette that I made.' I say as I keep eating.

'Can I have a bite? Just to taste. I've been trying all those different recipes but I have found the perfect one yet.'

I look at him with what I guess were puppy eyes. I'm not the biggest fan of sharing food. But I can't exactly say no. It's his house. I push the plate towards him.

'You can say no if you want to.' He chuckles grabbing a fork from the cutleries drawer.

'It's okay. It's just a bite.' I half warn.

I look at him as he's chewing. Am I going crazy? Why is this so hot? It literally doesn't make sense.

'Hmm... Good!'

'What that's it?' I argue.

'Well, it certainly is better than anything I've ever made!'

I get a proud look on my face and add, 'Glad you like it!'

'Why are you eating here anyway? Come to the sittin' room!' 

I silently follow him. I don't know, I'm still not completely comfortable yet. So I'm letting him run the show for a while. Not contradicting him much.

'Oh, by the way. I'm so sorry to ask this. But would it bother you if you stayed in your room for a while at 8? I'm doing this live thing and I'll be playing some tunes from my new album. If they see you they'll have tons of questions and assumptions. I don't want to expose ya to that.'