Day 30: Chill Tuesday

Nat's POV

'Hey, Kate!'

'Good morning! Where are you? The background is different than usual.'

'Oh, I'm in Niall's room.'

'Ooh!! No wonder why your hair is such a mess!'

'Oh shut up! We haven't done it again yet. Just the one time like two weeks ago. I literally just woke up when you called me.'

'Oh okay. Disappointing.'

'Come on. Don't be bitter. I have news. But can you please not scream.'

'No promises. What happened?'

'Niall and I are officially boyfriend and girlfriend. He asked me on easter.'

'You waited 2 days to tell me?!' She shouts.

'I told you no loud noises!'

'Sorry! I'm just excited for you!! That's so awesome.'

'Yeah, I guess.'

'What's wrong?' She asks. 

'Nothing. Just something Niall said yesterday night before we went to sleep. He's worried about what will happen to us when the lockdown stops.'

'What's the point of thinking about that now when there's nothing you can do about it? Enjoy the time you have together and leave the future in the future.'

'Yeah, I know. You're right. I should go find him before he gets grumpy again. It's half past 2 PM already. 

'Okay. Miss you...'

'I miss you too!' I pout.

'Go find your man.'

'Right! Bye, kate!'

Niall's POV

'Good morning, Ma!'

'Morning petal! How're you doing?'

'I'm great! What about you? Is everyone okay?'

'Yes. Everyone is good and healthy. Don't you worry! How's Natalie?'

'She's uhh... Yeah, she's great! Ma, I did it! I asked her to be my girlfriend. She said yes...'

'Of course she did! I'm so happy for you!! Are you happy?'

'Yes! I'm more than happy... I'm... I don't know if there's a word for that.'

'But it looks like something is weighing you down despite that.'

'It's nothing. I'm just overthinking about what will happen to us in the future. After we go back to our regular lives. But I know I should focus on right now and all the time we get to spend together.'

'Exactly. Enjoy your time with her now. It's the most important thing right now, considering that later you won't be spending as much time. You don't want to look back and wish you'd spent less time thinking about something that is out of your control and more time having fun together.'

'You're right. Yeah, I know. It's just hard to not think. When I'm alone and she's sleeping, the thoughts just get to me. And they're not always good thoughts.'

'Why don't you write about it? You have a perfect outlet. If they stay inside they'll mess with your head. If you let them out you'll feel better.'

'Yeah. I'll do it. Thanks, Ma!'

I do a little calling spree, reaching out to all my family and my closest friends checking up on them, while she's still asleep.

'Good morning!' She says, falling into my arms as I'm laid down on the couch.