Day 14: Workout Sunday

Niall's POV

'Should've kissed her!' Conor shakes his head.

'What? No! She didn't give me a sign!'

'Are you fucking kidding me? The lingering eye contact? That was the sign! The moment was perfect. You blew it mate.'

'I didn't! That wasn't a sign!'

'Yes, it was! And you ruined it.'

'Well? What should I do now?'

'You kiss her.'

'Just like that?'

'No, not just like that. But yeah. Find the appropriate moment and just do it.'

'Why? Maybe she doesn't want to. It probably was just a moment. It's gone now.'

'If she wanted once, she will want it again. She's my best friend, I know her well enough. Look, if you really like her, nothing is ever gonna happen if you do nothing about it. Staring at her will not make her your girlfriend any more than hugging her will not get her pregnant.'

'Why are you pushing this so hard? Did she say anything about me?'

'Well, no not really.'

'Then why are you pushing this? What if she doesn't like me?'

He takes a deep breath but doesn't answer.

'Conor!'

'Alright! Okay. Look, Nat is not the kind of girl who's single for long. I mean this is the longest she's been without a boyfriend. And she always picks the worst guys ever. And as soon as this is over, I'm pretty sure she'll get herself tangled with another fuckboy. But if you two become a thing before then...'

'Then you can stop worrying about her. But Conor, you can't force these things. If she doesn't like me... Then she doesn't... I'm sorry.'

'But you gotta try! You're literally not losing anything. Please.'

'Alright... I'll see what I can do. I'm gonna go work out. Stay safe. Bye!'

I go there to start my daily workout routine but before I could I cross path with Nat who's just laying on the couch focused on her phone.

'Good morning!'

'Oh hey, Niall!'

'Hi! Did you just woke up?'

'Yeah.'

'So you went from laying in bed to laying on the couch.'

'Well, I had a bite earlier too. But yeah basically.'

'No.'

'Excuse me?'

'What you're doing is not healthy. I'm not having it.'

'Oh yeah? And what are you gonna do about it?' It challenges me.

'I'm gonna make you work out with me.'

'You can't force me.'

'I know. But I can convince you.'

'Do you even have enough equipment for two?'

'Yeah. I got an extra mat and some extra and lighter weights cause I know this day will come.'

'I haven't said yes yet.'

'How about, if you work out with me, I'll cook you dinner for a week.'

'If it's gonna be one of those healthy boring meals no thank you. Try again.'