Day 25: Camping Thursday

Niall's POV

I check out the time for the hundredth time in the last half hour. I finished breakfast, my workouts, I even went to the shops and back. I check the time and it's 3 PM. How is it possible that she's still sleeping? I should check on her. I go to her bedroom, knock and enter.

'You're awake?' I ask seeing her scrolling on her phone.

'Yeah. You didn't wait for me to tell you to come in.'

'Oh, Sorry. I just thought you're still asleep. I got worried It's past 3!'

'Lost track of time. Woke up an hour ago. But too lazy to get up.'

I lay down on the bed next to her, staying over the sheets. I slip my hand under her pillow and she moves her head to my shoulder. She puts her phone away and rests her arm on my chest.

'Good morning!' I say kissing the top of her head.

'Good morning!' She smiles.

'You know? I noticed something. We've become very comfortable with our routine. Let's shake things up.'

'What do you mean?'

'I think we should spend a night out.'

'Out? We're supposed to stay home.'

'Yeah, I know. I meant on the balcony.'

'I don't follow.'

'I mean, put up a tent, sleeping bags, the whole thing. Spend the whole night on the balcony as if we're in nature. Have dinner there, make smores with the fire from the chimney, share stories, don't have to be scary ones though. And we'll sleep outside in the dark.'

'We can do that? It's not too cold outside?'

'Not really. It's been a warm few days.'

'Yeah, I guess we can give it a shot. It'll be a change from falling asleep in front of the TV, and me having to wake you up and then you texting me from your bedroom annoyed that you can't fall back to sleep.'

'It happened once!' I argue.

'Three times!'

'Alright. Three. So you're in?' I ask.

'Yeah! Could be fun.'

After lunch, we spend a few hours fixing up the balcony for our night.  But before we start our night "under the stars" (even though we can't really see them from here), I have an Instagram Live to do.

'No! Come on! Don't take it off! You look nice dressed like that!' She complains seeing me untucking my collar t-shirt from the dressy pants I have on.

'Aww! Thank you! But if we're going camping I'm not gonna be this dressed up.'

'Yeah, alright. you put on your Nike t-shirt and tiny shorts.'

'Come on babe, don't be bitter. We both know how much you love my tiny shorts.'

'Not when you wear them on an Instagram Lives.' She sasses making me laugh.

I get changed quickly, go to the kitchen putting the final touches on our dinner. She sets the table on the balcony, while I put some sweet corn in the oven.

'Isn't it cheating that we're eating on the table and not sitting on the floor?'

'No? I don't know. No! Why would we sit on the floor if there's a table here?'

'Why would we sleep on the balcony if we have three comfortable beds inside?'

'Because we're camping!'