Day 10: Golf Wednesday

Nat's POV

'Good morning!' I beam going straight to the kitchen through the sitting room to see Niall.

''Morning!' He follows me and kisses my cheek, 'Did I wake ya?'

'No, not really. Besides, can't be mad if you do. Nothing better than to wake up to you singing anything acoustically.'

'Aww!! Thanks. Sorry, I wasn't expecting him to call this early. I saw the email I missed late last night when I went to bed. Woke up at 8h. Ate, cleaned everything up, took a shower and changed into this before I connected with Jimmy on this app called Zoom which is basically like Skype but different.'

'Oh okay. What was that weird noise by the way?'

'Umm... I'm assuming you mean when we were playing golf?'

I look around me confused then I look back at him. 'Umm, Niall. Are you on something? We're nowhere near a golf course. How do you play golf in the flat?'

He laughs loudly and then he says, 'Finish breakfast and I'll show you.'

I follow him into the corridor and he shows me what he was doing.

'Really? A toilet paper roll? So let me get this properly. People in the world are fighting over toilet paper rolls and you're sitting here using them as a golf hole thingy?'

'Well... I mean... Uhh..' He stutters nervously.

'Oh my god relax! I'm just teasing you!' I laugh and he sighs in relief.

'Come on, if I don't do this I'll lose the plot.'

'I don't even know why you like golf.'

'You haven't even tried it! The world tells you to hate golf, that it's boring or it's an old man's sport and you just accept that. But truth is, you don't know golf and it's not fair to judge it like that when you haven't even tried it.'

'Okay. Fair enough. Teach me.'

'Well, there's not much we can do here really. Beside putting.'

'I'm sorry putting?'

'That's when you're close to the hole and use this club.' He explains with the club in his hand. 'Okay, now stand here.'

He gently pushes me to the spot I need to stand in, then he shows me how I should stand before I make the shot. I try my best to imitate his posture.

'Hold on. Keep your legs straight. Bend a little more. No, keep your back somewhat straight.'

He puts his hands on my back to help me adjust my posture.

'No wonder why you wanted to teach me so badly.' I tease him.

'Sorry, I didn't mean to. I-' He looks at me wide-eyed, red cheeks.

'I'm just kidding! Oh my god! Relax!!' I laugh.

'You're in a good mood today.'

'Well, I woke up with you singing so yeah. I'm in a good mood.' I smile at him showing my teeth.

'Huh. Then if I ever get bored and your lazy arse is still asleep, I have your permission to wake you up by singing to you?'

'Umm... Well... maybe?' I mumble in a high pitch.

'Awesome!'

'Are we done here?' I ask handing him the golf club.

'Don't you want to try and do a shot?'