Day 49: Blue Sunday

Nat's POV

I check the time and it's 1 in the afternoon. Niall is still in bed. Even though we woke up at the same time. He didn't even want to eat breakfast and I'm worried about him. I go back to his room and the curtains are still closed. I don't say anything and just lay on the bed in between the sheets and cuddle with him. His arms automatically wrap around me while I rest my head on his bare chest.

'Hi...' I mumble.

He doesn't really answer, he just plays with my hair.

'Still not feeling any better huh...'

'Not really no...'

'I'm sorry...' I sigh.

'It's not your fault.'

'I know, but still... I feel bad that you're feeling that way.'

'It'll be okay though. Don't worry.'

'Do you maybe want to open the curtains?' I hesitate.

'No! Light is bad!' He pouts.

'Hungover?' I ask.

'A little bit.' He chuckles softly.

I turn around in his arms and hold myself up so that my face is on the same level as his.

'How about you get out of bed and take a shower? It might make you feel better!' I try and kiss his cheek.

'Do I have to?' He whines.

'Yes! Come on! A hot shower! It'll help.'

'I don't feel like getting up!!'

'Are you gonna be a baby about it all day long?'

'No... If I was being a baby, I would ask for your help in the shower. Cause babies can't clean themselves alone you know.'

'Nice try! Get out of the bed!'

'Fine!' He rolls his eyes and finally gets up and go to the bathroom. 

I wait till I hear the shower running, then I draw the curtains, open the window and make the bed.

'Really? Why are you so quick?' Niall complains as he enters the room again after his shower.

'The room stank! I needed to open the window to let some air and sun in!'

'You sound like my mother.'

'Well, your mother is a very wise woman. Now come on, get dressed. I'm gonna make us some lunch.'

'I don't wanna eat.'

'Niall!' I scold.

'Yeh okay, I'll eat.'

'Good! Come on!'

'Can I get a hug first?' He pouts adorably.

'Can you get dressed first?'

'No.'

I laugh at his childish behaviour and walk closer to him. We hug and I don't let go until he's ready. I've been trying to get him to tell me what's wrong for days but all he says is "Not feeling well". Which doesn't really help me know how to cheer him up, but I'm trying me best. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It gets frustrating at times because I feel like I suck. I mean who can't make their boyfriend or girlfriend feel better? That's like one of my main jobs as his girlfriend and I'm failing at that. But now is not the time to feel sorry for myself. Right now, him feeling better is much more important.

'Did I ever tell you how much I like it when your hair is wet fresh out of the shower?' I ask, looking up to him without letting go of the hug.

'No, I don't think you have. Why?'