Day 16: Haircut Tuesday

Nat's POV

I wake up to the faint sound of Niall singing and playing the guitar. But it's much closer than the sitting room, but he's definitely outside my bedroom. I hesitate to open my eyes because I'm still sleepy and I don't really want to wake up. But hearing Niall sing Cross Your Mind acoustically is making me get out of bed and check in on him. I take my robe and wear it before I head out. With one step out the door, keeping my arms close to my chest, I look down to find Niall sitting on the floor in the middle of the corridor with his guitar.

'Good morning!' He smiles widely interrupting the song.

'What the fuck are you doing sitting on the floor?'

'Did I wake ya?' He asks.

'If I had a penny every time you ask me that!' I chuckle. 'Yes Niall, you woke me up!' I sigh.

'I wanted to wake you up and I wasn't sure if I could go into your room.'

'So you do this?'

'Yeah! And it worked!'

'And Cross Your Mind is the first song on your mind to sing to wake me up?'

'First song that came to mind. Yupp.' He shrugs.

'I wonder why.' I mumble under my breath.

'What did you say?' He asks confused.

'Nothing. I'm gonna fix myself up and be right out.'

'I made breakfast!' He says as I walk into the kitchen all freshened up and in my sweats.

'Why did you need to wake me up again?'

'Someone's grumpy!' He chuckles.

'No, not grumpy. Just curious. What couldn't wait till I woke up on my own.'

'Didn't feel like having breakfast all alone.'

'Okay...'

'I'm sorry if that annoyed you.'

'It's okay. It's not. I'm not annoyed. It's just the day is gonna be a lot longer with nothing to do.'

'Then we'll find something to do!'

'Like what?'

'We'll figure it out. For now, let's just have breakfast.'

We eat in silence. But not the dry frosty silence that breaks hearts from yesterday. More like an awkward, I don't know what to do with myself, kind of silence. I wish the other night never happened. But I also don't. Because it was the best. And I think I might be one step closer to figuring out how I feel. I just hope we get passed this and start again. This time we do it properly.

Niall's POV

At this point honestly? I have no idea what I'm doing. I just know I want to hang out with her and be around her. Even if we're not really do anything. After breakfast, we just sit around doing nothing. Me strumming on my guitar, her laying on the other side of the couch scrolling through her phone. She stays like this for hours while I finish my workout and clean around the kitchen before I get started on lunch. She didn't really say much so far.

'You should listen to the new 5SOS album.' She says downing a glass of water while I'm cooking.

'Hmm?' I ask, not really paying attention to what she said since I was busy daydreaming about a time where everything is better.

'You said you'll listen to it yesterday on your live.'

'Oh yeah! Put it on! And you could lend me a hand you know.'