Day 4: Thursday Together

Nat's POV

'Look who got up early!!' Niall cheers.

'Did you just finish your workout?'

'Yupp. You just missed it! Maybe you should start waking up earlier if you don't want to miss it!' He says winking jokingly.

'Miss what? Is there something interesting on TV?'

Yes! I got my edge back! Okay maybe that was a bit lame. I don't even know why he's suddenly flirting with me. Maybe he's  not, maybe he's just joking.

'Ha! Very funny!' He rolls his eyes.

'What's on the agenda today?' I ask going into the kitchen.

'I'm gonna go run for a while. Then come back shower. And kill some time before my live.'

'You're doing another live?'

'Yeah... Sorry... It's for an important cause!'

'Oh, I wasn't complaining.'

'Good, cause I'll be playing the guitar for a half hour and sing.'

'So just another Tuesday? Alright.'

'Okay...'

'Weren't you going for a run?'

'Yes.'

'Well? Go run.'

'Right. I'm going. To Run.'

'Great!'

'Great!'

'Have a good run!'

'You too! No, I mean. Umm... Enjoy your breakfast?'

'I will.'

'Good.'

'Great!'

Okay, that was weird, right? What's wrong with him? I can't read him. It's so frustrating. But! On the plus side! Finally, I have the house all to myself! As soon as he gets out, I move my breakfast to the sitting room. I log on to my Netflix account on the big TV and resume my series.

'Forgot my AirPods...' Niall's voice trail in from the corridor. 'Huh! I see you got comfortable the second I left.'

I look at him wide-eyed sitting up straight.

'Calm down! I just meant, how come you're not comfortable like this with me around? It's like you're scared of me or something.'

'No... not scared... It's just... it's your house, and I don't wanna mess up anything or bother you in any way.'

'You're overthinking this. I want you to feel at home too. You're gonna be here a while.'

'I'll try that.' 

'Great. Want anything from outside?'

'No thank you.' I smile politely.

'Alright. See ya in a bit.'

The afternoon went smoothly, nothing interesting happened while I was alone or when he came back. But around 7 ish he calls me from his bedroom. I carefully approach the door making sure I stay in the corridor as his room is off-limits.

'Hey, could you help me out with something?'

'Yeah?'

'Well don't you just stand there. Come in.'

'What do you need help with?' I ask not moving from my spot.

'I don't know what to wear. I kinda wanna dress up for this. But I don't wanna be too dressed up. Cause like I'm home. But it's like an important event and a lot of people might be joining so I don't know. I'm stressed.'