Day 17: Live Wednesday

Niall's POV

'Hey, Niall? Do you know how we could project our phone's screen on the TV?' Nat asks me sitting next to me on the couch while we're hanging out.

'What? We can do that?'

'Yeah!'

'I have no idea! Why?'

'Well, in 10 minutes, Conor and Callum are going live and I figured since we're both gonna watch it, we could watch it together on one device.'

'Are they really? I didn't know. Yeah, that would be easier. But I have no idea how to do it. Sorry.'

'It's okay. I forgot how much of a grandpa you are when it comes to technology.'

'Shut up!' I whine, messing her hair and pushing her down.

'What the fuck are those two eejits doing?' I ask confused watching the live.

'They're playing Spill your guts or fill your guts! You know that game from James Corden!'

'Oh yeah!!'

'We should do that sometime.'

'Yeah, maybe we should. That could be fun! But we're not filming it.'

'What's the point then? The only reason you wouldn't want to answer is that some people watching might not like the answer or you wouldn't want them to know it.'

'Fair enough. What do you want to do when they're done? We could put a movie or play some board games again.'

'Well, when they're done there a Picture This live and I want to watch it. We'll see what we'll do after that.'

'How come you're more up to date with my friends than I am?'

'Because they're my friends too. Well not Picture This. Not Ryan. I've seen him here and there a few times but we're not friends or anything.'

'Why are you suddenly speaking so fast?'

'Me? No? I'm normal.'

And it's only till after the Conor and Cal live ended that I understood why she's suddenly so nervous. We switch on to the band's live. And I just look at her, sitting there hugging a pillow, smiling widely and her eyes sparkling at the sight in front of her. She sings along to every song they sing. And my blood is slowly starting to boil. Why isn't she this excited when I sing or when I'm there. And I'm not just talking about now. Even before all of this, when I used to see her with Conor. She was never this excited and fangirling. What does he have that I don't? We're both handsome, we both have nice hair, even if his is long and mine is short. We both have nice fashion sense, granted his is a little bit more out there. We're both talented. We're both Irish! 

She quietly sings along to Everything or Nothing. 'And did I really fucking love you or was it just my messed up head? I don't think I've seen enough of you lying naked in my bed. Is that what you wanna hear? I can't waste another year not knowing how I feel, just hoping that it's real.'

I gotta admit, this song is hitting hard right now.

'Are you crying?' I ask in shock and I gotta admit slightly annoyed. Why doesn't she cry at my songs? Aren't they emotional enough for her to cry on?

'It's just a very beautiful song! And it's the last song they sang last time I've seen them live. And I just... I miss that moment.'

'Aww. Yeah, I get it! I miss concerts too. Come here.' I try to get her to cuddle with me but after a short hug, she pulls away and goes back to gawking at Ryan.