Day 8: Distance Monday

Nat's POV

I felt embarrassed last night by my stupid outburst. The rest of the night we barely said anything to each other. So we just spent the night watching How I met Your Mother until it was late enough for us to go to sleep. I thought sleeping would make me feel better about what happened. Like it's forgotten. But It's not. And now I'm dreading getting out of the room and facing him.

'Hey Conor...' I sigh into the phone.

'What a coincidence! I just got off the phone with Niall!' He laughs.

'Really? What did he tell you? How is he?'

'Why are you asking me? Don't you live together?'

'I mean yeah. But I just woke up so I haven't seen him yet.'

'Right. So nothing happened yesterday.'

'Why did he tell you something happened? What did he tell you?'

'None of your business!' He teases. 'Look. Don't worry about it too much. You both are stupid. You and you're random outburst. I mean I got used to them but he doesn't know you like I do so he thought too much of it when it's not really a big deal.'

'Sorry...'

'What are you saying sorry for? Nothing happened. Just continue as if nothing happened. It's forgotten.'

'Really that easily?'

'Yeah. You weren't even arguing over something important. Since when I became the smart person out of the three of you?'

'I don't know.'

'You're overthinking too much. But hey Nat?'

'Yeah?'

'Go easy on him.'

'What do you mean?' I ask confused.

'Look I don't want to tell you what to do and not do... But if you're not planning on getting close to him... just don't.'

'I don't understand what you're talking about.'

'All I'm saying is, you're both are my best friends. I don't want either of you to get hurt. And specially not because of each other.'

'You think I'm gonna hurt Niall?'

'Maybe?'

'Why?'

'Look. I already said too much. I gotta go. Don't worry about it.'

I throw my phone away frustrated with Conor. Why does he think I'm gonna hurt Niall? I'd never do that. I quickly get ready. Not bothering with changing from my pyjamas. But I do switch the short shorts with pyjama pants and I put on a bra before joining Niall.

'Cute PJs!' He chuckles, slightly blushing, though I don't know why.

'Thanks.'

'Are you okay?'

'Yeah... Sorry just feeling a little out of it today.'

'You better not be getting sick.'

'No, don't worry. I'm not sick. I'm just in a weird mood.'

'Aww... Can I do anything to help?' He asks as I rest my head on the kitchen counter.

'No. I don't know?'

'Are you sad? Is something upsetting you?'

'No no! Nothing like that. Just a general meh don't feel like doing anything mood.'