Day 7: Bonding Sunday

Nat's POV

I wake up, and as usual, the first thing I do is check my notifications on my phone. So it shocks me to see that the time is just 10:36 AM. No wonder why I still feel sleepy. I'm tempted to go back to sleep but I really need to go to the toilet. But if I get up, I'll be too awake to be able to go back to sleep. But I really need to go. Ugh, fine I'll get up. At least Niall should be awake. I'd hang out with him more.

Okay but he's not in the sitting room or the kitchen. Maybe the balcony? Nope. Maybe he went out? But I doubt he'd go out without eating something first. Yupp. Thought so. The sink is empty. Which means he didn't have breakfast yet. Oh my god! Did I wake up before him? How can I be sure that he's in his room without entering? I can't hear anything. If he's in there and sleeping, then either the room is soundproofed or he doesn't snore. Shit, I hear movement. I quickly back away in case he comes out of the room. But all I hear is a door closing. So safe to assume that he just woke up? Ooh! That gives me an idea!

Niall's POV

I'm hungry but I'm feeling too lazy to do anything. I don't even know what to eat. I go out of my room. I look at her end of the corridor. I wonder if she's still sleeping. I doubt that she's awake. It's too early considering how late we stayed up yesterday. Wait, what's that sound? It seems to be coming from the kitchen.

I don't say anything for as long as she doesn't notice me. She has her earphones on and her back is turned. She's cooking and it smells amazing. I really hope she counted me in whatever she's doing. I wish I knew what she was listening to. But it seems like it's something happy. She's slightly jumping up and down. I don't know why I never noticed that. But she's really cute.

'Oh my god!!! How long have you been sitting here?' She shouts her cheeks quickly turning pink.

'Not sure... A while. I thought you weren't a morning person!'

'I'm not. But I woke up and I didn't feel like going back to sleep. So here I am.'

'Here you are. In the kitchen. Cooking.'

'Don't worry. I made sure there's enough for two.'

'Awesome! How can I help?' I ask, standing up from my spot.'

'Nop. You're not doing anything. You go watch some TV or something. I'll take care of everything.'

'Isn't this a bit too old fashioned?'

'Yeah, don't get used to it. Today only, and for the next hour. I'm spoiling you.'

'What's the occasion?' I ask sceptically.

'I woke up early. And I guess I still need to thank you for letting me stay here. It's been a week already.'

'You really don't need to do all this.'

'Shh. I want to. Now go away.'

'Can I at least set the table?'

'Nop.'

'Fine.'

I let her be and wait till it's ready. The surprisingly full table overwhelms me. She thought of everything. It's like 3 breakfasts in one. She's lucky I'm starving, or else there'll be a lot of leftovers. She's really amazing. She didn't have to do all this.

'You really didn't have to do all this! It's amazing though, thank you!'

'You're welcome!' She smiles adorably and waits for me to start eating before she eats as well.

'What do you want to do today? I have absolutely nothing planned. I'm all yours today.'

'Lucky me!' She laughs sarcastically. 'Umm... I don't know. There's not much to do? Watch series, listen to music? I can't think of anything creative.'