Chapter - 11

~♆~

"—That's why I think it would be best if we take up this case. She's young, doesn't have any other family to rely on and at a clear disadvantage," Jungkook explains, flipping the page to show Taehyung the details of the case.

It was an Omega who had filed a plea to receive child support.

She was only 16. She had gone to a high-school party where an Alpha classmate got her drunk, took advantage of her and she ended up pregnant.

The Alpha student's family was refusing to give her any monetary aid even after the DNA test confirming he was the father.

Taehyung nodded. "You're right, the family is quite well off too, they'll definitely have a good lawyer pulling strings every way he can to make sure the girl gets nothing."

Jungkook hummed. "My thoughts exactly. We're going to have to make sure we don't give the other lawyer any way to turn the story against her."

The Omega looked up at the red-head. He was seated next to him, his eyes fixed on the case file pointing out another piece of information before seemingly feeling Taehyung's gaze on his and meeting his eyes.

"What?" He asked confused.

Taehyung shook his head smiling. "You really did study the cases."

"Well yeah, I meant what I said about wanting to help."

"So it seems, but how much are you willing to help?"

"50-50. Just like it should be," Jungkook says with a shrug.

Taehyung raises an eyebrow. "I hope you know the commitment you're making, Jungkook. I'm going to good you to that."

"I'm a man of my word," Jungkook says before looking at Taehyung's clearly unimpressed expression. "Okay maybe not, but I'm a man who can make a commitment," That made Taehyung look even more sceptical.

Jungkook winced. "I'm a man who's trying?"

The Omega nods at that. "Fair enough. I'll see you tomorrow at lunch? Same place. We'll go over strategies of how we can approach the case."

"I'm looking forward to it, I'll be there," Jungkook says with a nod, getting up with the blond.

"Oh and Taehyung, thanks for helping me with this, I really appreciate it," He adds.

Taehyung gives him a once over before smiling. "No problem, see you tomorrow, Jeon."

~♆~

When lunch break comes the next day it's safe to say Jungkook had completely forgotten about the meeting with Taehyung.

He was seated outdoors at the large table, a usual spot with the guys, an Omega was seated atop his lap, one who he had seen a few tables over moments back eyeing him up and down like he was the meal.

It was pretty easy, he simply returned the dark gaze been given his way before curling a finger towards himself, beckoning the Omega to come to him.

He was rather pretty, soft features and dark hair that was curled up to his amber eyes.

"I could sit beside you, you know," The Omega said, his head tilting to point at the ample space on the bench next to him, but the quirk in his smile and the way he shifted closer towards him, his hips shifting, teasingly, unnecessarily told the Alpha he wanted to stay.