Chapter-14

~♆~

It was a usual weekday with a usual morning class and as usual Jungkook was sitting in one of the last benches trying not to doze off as the usual Mr. Early professor was starting to take attendance.

This professor was just one of those professors that had seemed to have forgotten University and school were not the same thing.

He would expect everyone in his class before time and would give hell to anyone who was late or didn't complete their assignments, cruelly failing them on tests that were a good chunk of their grade or ridding their attendance all together.

That's why even the most uncaring Alphas would be found in his class on time all the time.

Luckily the class was only twice every week so it was bearable.

But because this was one class where everyone was always present, Jungkook found that when his gaze drifted non-committaly across the sea of wolves seated before him, he noticed the very obvious absence of someone who very obviously enjoyed being present and sitting front and center in all classes.

His eyes sweeped across the room another time before confirming that Taehyung was indeed not there.

He answered his own roll-call, knowing that there were only a few more wolves between his name and Taehyung's, but that's when he got a whiff of the blond's scent.

It was hidden behind that Beta fragrance like most times. But what caught his attention was that he figured out with the speed with which it was getting closer, the blond was sprinting towards their class.

Jungkook was seated near one of the windows so he turned to see, and sure enough he caught sight of Taehyung skidding to a stop right outside, his face flushed with the morning run and his expression one of dread at the sound of the roll call.

He was panting, trying to regain his breath, looking helpless.

He must've felt Jungkook's eyes on him though because he then looks at him, locking eyes with the Alpha.

Jungkook holds his gaze for a moment longer before breaking it abruptly, facing forward.

"Professor," He calls out, lifting a hand for emphasis. "There's something really important I need to tell you."

The professor stops and looks up at the Alpha.

"Whatever it is I'm sure you can wait till after the attendance is taken," He says, pushing the spectacles up his nose.

"No, it really can't," He staggers up from his chair, clutching at his chest like he's in pain. "I think I'm going to—" He stops, coughs, once, twice, and falls forwards to the ground with a thud.

Suddenly there's chaos with multiple gasps and screaming.

someone was yelling saying he had died, someone was asking for the number for an ambulance, another person was saying he was probably infected with an air-borne virus that affects the respiratory system and that they needed to stay away from him, someone else was asking if anyone knew CPR which only caused another to start singing the song staying alive.

Amidst all the madness he turned ever so subtly to look at a very confused Taehyung through the French window, mouthing — 'Get in, quick.'

He seems to get the memo, wasting no time to quickly rush in through the door while the professor was hurriedly making his way towards Jungkook.

He stayed still when the professor squatted next to him, cursing himself internally, realising he didn't think this through, because if the professor figured out this was all an act, he would definitely fail him, and neither did Jungkook need medics escorting him out of campus only to figure out there was nothing wrong with him either.