Chapter One.

Tyler sighed when he saw the unpaid bills standing on the counter. He tried not to think too much about it, not to think too much about how he didn't know how to administrate his own money and savings, how he had been fired from his old job, how useless he was. How useles he had been since he started living alone.

Before, he lived with his friend Finn. So he didn't have to worry too much about everything. Finn took care of paying rent, Finn took care of helping Tyler with his administration, Finn took care of Tyler. He was his best friend. His brother. Until he got himself a girlfriend. And it was never the same. He had asked Tyler to move out so she could move in. He had agreed. Because he was like that, he wasn't going to fight his best friend. He had the right to be in love and have a girlfriend and forget about the world for a while.

But just for a while. And it had been just for a while. Now, when Finn heard that Tyler was struggling to pay rent, and that he had been fired, he had helped him to get a new job. So today, they were both going to do interviews at some company building. Tyler was grateful for that.

So he ignored the unpaid bills in the counter, and he didn't thought about it that morning, because it would only bring him down and he had to be good today. He had to get a job. He had to get a grip. He had to stop being so useless.

He had chosen to wear the nicer clothes he had, a white shirt that was a little big on him and black pants. He hoped that was nice enough. He looked at himself in the mirror, his bright blue eyes staring back at him, analyzing his face. Soft pink lips. Messy black hair. Small hands. Small body. Scrawny and short. He wasn't beautiful. He wasn't bright. Sometimes he found himself wishing to be stronger, taller, or just don't look like him. Sometimes, he could put up with his body. Some other times, he despised it. And some other times, he was indifferent.

But he really wanted to be wanted. He wanted to be loved. He wanted a man to want him. Or a woman. Anyone, at all. Even if it wasn't mutual. Even if he didn't like that person back. He knew this was a flaw in him; that it was ego. But he had never felt truly wanted. And he didn't know if, with his looks, someone would ever want him. Love him. Feel attracted towards him.

He stopped his thoughts before they turned dark. I'm going to be good today.

Today, he didn't look so bad.

He called Finn, to know when he was going to pick him up.

"Hey, bro." Tyler cringed at the bro.

"Hi." He said with his quiet voice. "Are you coming? We can't be late."

"I'm coming. Wait a minute— babe, I'm talking to Tyler—"

"Tyler! Say hi to him!"

He sighed.

"Finn!"

"Yeah, sorry. We're in our way."

Tyler hung up and tried not to be angry. He had to understand. Finn was steady. Finn was in love. Finn had a girlfriend, and a friend, and everyone loved him and he didn't have money problems. So he didn't have to worry about everything Tyler worried about.

He waited for them on the street. Ten minutes later, Ava's black car pulled over in front of them. The brunette smiling girl, Ava, Finn's girlfriend, came out of the car and gave Tyler a small hug.

He was jelaous and angry at his friend sometimes, but Ava was amazing. She was loving, kind, gentle, and a really good friend. And she seemed to love his friend so much, Tyler couldn't feel anything but affection towards her. Finn could be an asshole, but she wasn't.

"Hi, Ava."

"Hey, Tyler." She gave him a supporting smile. "You're going to be great today, you know that right?"