Chapter Twenty.

TW// Mentions of sexual abuse.

___________

They were watching their second movie of the night, Tyler's head in Caleb's shoulder, while eating some snacks Caleb went out to buy. It was probably around 1 AM in the morning or something, and Caleb had told Tyler he had decided they'd stay up all night.

Tyler tried not to think about Nico, but failed. Mostly because he was still angry and upset, but also because Caleb's taste in movies was trash. There was no blood, no magic, no epic-fighting scenes. Just a bunch of bad jokes and people having sex with someone they shouldn't and people falling in love. He expected more from Caleb. But no, he liked 2000 shitty teen movies. But Tyler acted as though he liked them, because Caleb seemed to love them. Some jokes were funny, though. And at least the female characters were iconic. The male characters were assholes.

He sighed and adjusted himself in Caleb's shoulder. When the movie was over, they stayed there, on the couch, eating snacks and talking. Caleb told him about his relationship with Eddie.

"We actually had a big fight. A big bad fight." He was saying. "Of course, I was the one who caused it."

"Eddie came to our place crying one day." Tyler remembered. "Was it because of that?"

And Caleb told him more. And then it was Tyler's time to talk, and he told him about his parents.

"Oh." Caleb said, when he heard the whole story. "Mine suck too. My dad barely talks to me, even though lately he's been trying harder to be a good parent, and my mom just... she's broken. We lost someone, and she's been broken since."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Caleb shrugged. "I'm okay with it."

"I'm okay with my family being shit, too."

They laughed and shared.

After a long time of talking, Caleb insisted on putting on makeup on him. Tyler was a little shy about it, but Caleb did it anyways. When he was done and he looked at himself in the mirror, Tyler was impressed.

"What the hell did you do?"

"The power of mascara and eyeliner." Caleb said, with a proud smile. "You actually don't need anything else. Your face is literally perfect."

Tyler blushed.

"It's weird. I look weird."

"Weird? You look hot. I'll make you up for your next date with Nico."

"No way. It was enough with the panties, Caleb."

"Oh, you loved the panties." He said, smirking.

Tyler blushed again.

"Whatever."

"Did Nico like them?"

His face got redder.

"That's none of your bussiness."

"He loved them, didn't he?"

"Caleb, you're embarassing me!"

Caleb laughed and patted his head softly.

"You are the purest baby in the world."

"I'm not. Stop."

Caleb rolled his eyes, but stopped. Then they got into Caleb's bed with Caleb's guitar and started playing random melodies and songs, and ended up with both of them singing to Taylor Swift's songs. And laughing. A lot.

And then they fell asleep together and even though Caleb moved a lot while sleeping, Tyler slept really good.

The next morning, Caleb woke him up with breakfast in bed. They had breakfast in bed together, talking about nothing and watching TV.