Chapter Six.

Nico wasn't as kind and considerate he had shown himself to be with Tyler, but the boy brought it on him. And now he was taking Tyler to live with him.

Had it been an impulsive decision? Yes.

Did he regret it? No. Tyler had stopped crying and wasn't going to die in the streets, like he had said. It was a little dramatic, but it had been a really bad experience for him.

And Nico wanted to help him—to protect him. When he saw him crying, all he could think about was solving the problem, whatever it was.

And now there they were, in his car, going to Nico's apartment. It was big enough—it was the penthouse, after all.

Tyler was dozing off, his head leaning in the window. There was soft music coming out of the radio and they were in silence. It wasn't uncomfortable. Tyler was into his own head, probably thinking about the twist his life had just made. They had made two trips to bring everything into the apartment and now this was the last one. Tyler hadn't seen the place yet, and Nico hoped he'd like it.

They finally arrived and Tyler softly sat up straight.

"We arrived?" He asked quietly, rubbing his eyes.

"We have." Nico said, and got out of the car. He opened Tyler's door to get out and the boy blushed.

Nico grabbed the suitcase and the bag.

"Let me help," Tyler said.

Nico ignored him and signaled to follow him. They entered the building and Nico could sense Tyler's suprise at how... extravagant it looked. He smirked.

Once they reached the top floor, Tyler gasped.

"The penthouse? You own the penthouse?"

"Yes."

"I will live in a penthouse?" Tyler said, sounding amused. Nico smiled and glanced at him.

"Yes."

"Oh my God." He gasped. "I always wanted to live in a penthouse!"

Nico chuckled. "Now you get to live in one."

Tyler looked up at him and smiled, blushing. It was the image of an angel. He was so beautiful, Nico thought. The most beautiful person he ever met— dark blue eyes, raven black hair and a cute smile. His size was perfect to Nico's likes as well; short and small. He seemed so... protectable. If something were to happen to him, it'd be just so easy to want to step up and protect the boy. He looked just so fragile and angel-like... it'd be a sin to break someone like him. Yet there he was, his eyes puffy and tired because the stress he had been pushed into today.

It wasn't that he thought he was purely innocent, of course he knew there was a reason why he didn't pay rent and why he got kicked out. But, still, he was certain of one thing. Tyler didn't deserve it. He had literally thought he'd die on the streets, he had been really scared. He wasn't one to be put trough so much stress.

Nico shook his head, clearing his mind and opened the door. Tyler didn't come in until Nico signaled him to, but once he was inside, he glanced around quickly, taking in where he'd be living. He looked at Nico, as if he were waiting for him to say something.

"You want a tour?"

Tyler smiled and nodded.

"Come," he said, taking his coat off. He followed him.

First, Nico showed him the living room. It was big, and everything was very organized.

"This is the living room," he started. "As you see, it's all very tidy and organized, and I'd like to keep it that way."