Chapter Seven.

When Tyler woke up, he almost forgot where he was. The bed was too soft and comfy to be his own bed, was the first thing he noticed. And then he remembered. Everything that had happened the day before.

What a day.

And now he was living with Nico. Holy shit, he thought. He was actually going to live with Nico now.

And he had been so, so nice with him, he thought dreamily. How could he not like Nico? How could anyone?

He grabbed his phone from the fancy bedside table—his bedside table—and looked at the hour. It was 10:00 AM. He had been really tired last night, but he had fallen asleep at 6 AM. He didn't have problems with sleeping-not usually. But the last day had been such a weird one. He wasn't sad about his apartment anymore. Not knowing he'd live in a penthouse with freaking Nico. But what had happened... it left him thinking. He had never thought of himself as someone irresponsible or impulsive, yet what he had done-- what he had done without thinking on the consequences could have ended up so wrong. What would have happened if Nico wasn't there? Where would he be now?

Not in this cozy comfy bed, with half of a penthouse for himself.

He had been lucky. He had been lucky and stupid. He didn't deserve to be lucky; so many people that had been in his position hadn't been lucky, and the only reason why he had been in that position was because he wanted to finish his guitar classes.

He was angry at himself.

So angry.

He sighed and sat up on the bed. The bedroom—his bedroom was really nice. It was pretty big, maybe even bigger than his old one. When he had entered for the first time and realized it had a bookshelf, he had been amazed. His last apartment had a very small bookshelf, where he could only fit half of his books. This one, instead, was big. It had space left so he could fit new books. The first thing he had done once he was alone was to start ordering them, even before taking out his clothes.

Clothes. He hadn't even taken out his clothes yet. He was so stupid, he thought.

He got off of bed and looked at the clothes he was wearing. An oversized hoodie and his underwear. He was too lazy to change, but- Nico wasn't going to be here until lunch, right? He was at work. And anyways, the hoodie was too big to cover up everything-- it reached his thighs. Shrugging, he got out of his room and headed towards the kitchen.

There was a paper in the counter. Tyler picked it up read it.

I left you some pancakes, in case you wanted. I'll be home by 1 PM, if you're hungry, eat whatever you want. Feel yourself at home.
-N

He smiled. Pancakes. He grabbed them, poured juice in a glass and went over to the living room. He almost moaned out loud when he sat on the couch. It was even more comfortable than the bed. He curled into a ball and ate his breakfast.

Without noticing, his eyes closed and soon he was asleep.

____________________________

Nico's work day had been long. He had woken up earlier so that he could be there for Tyler's apartment occupation and then he went to work. And the thing was that even though he had never needed an assistaint in the first place, now he was used to it. He was used to Tyler being there, helping. So it was indeed weird when he realized that was the reason why his day had been boring and long. Of course, Eddie had been there, bothering, but he wasn't as happy as usual. He said it was something about Caleb—not a fight, but something as if his Sub was unwell and he was worried.

So Nico was really happy when it was time to come back home. When he had left in the morning, Tyler was profundly sleeping, and he hadn't heard from him in the entire morning, so he was happy to see him too. He would have to get used to this, too. Having someone waiting for him at home.