vii. Signs of Love

Early Morning

You silently groaned as your teacher scolds at the fattest kid you know, Eric Cartman. He wasn't as fat as he was back in elementary, he was still a dick though. Who could possibly date him? Then you suddenly remembered Heidi. The girl Eric manipulated, until she began to turn like him, which turned the tables. Years passed, you couldn't help but feel sorry for her. You watched as the brunette gripped on her pen tightly, still scribbling notes. You were staring at her until someone tapped your shoulder, breaking you out of your trance. You turned to see who it was and it was Dovahkiin giving you a soft smile. Way too much out of character you thought, straining your cheeks to smile back at him. "I wonder who will I pick..." she trailed, her eyes finding a student that will surely not let her down. "Ah, (L/n). Without using a scientifical calculator, what is the value of cotangent 60°?" She asked, slightly grinning at you. If you answer this correctly, your Knowledge and Charm will increase.

1/√3
> √3/2
4/√3

"It seems you're sharp as ever (L/n)." She said, facing the blackboard. You answered it correctly! You feel as if you're getting smarter bit by bit! ...Even though you're already smart. Everyone murmured how fast you answered it, some even saying that they might ask you to tutor them. You feel that your Charm is going high as well, even though its at it's limit. They all stop whispering when the teacher continued her lesson.

Lunchtime

As moments flew by, lunch finally came. you were eating with Wendy and the others until the quiet boy who only speaks whenever you're around appeared. "Hey (Y/n), if you're not busy, wanna hang out later?" he asked, still holding his tray.

> Sure!
Sorry, but...

Dovahkiin smiled, "Really? Well, see you later (Y/n)." He waved, walking towards Cartman's table. You should remember that you're gonna hang out with Douchebag later. Bebe gasped at your interaction with the supposedly 'quiet boy', "(Y/n), that is totes goals." Bebe said, leaning forward at you. Red nodded, "Yeah, everyone barely got him to speak yet you got him talking. What's up with that?" Red asked, titling her head. "Oh that? He's always comfortable with me so... yeah." You answered, scratching your cheek. All of the girls cooed, "Ooo, (Y/n)'s definitely dating him." Nicole teased, taking a bite on her lunch. Everyone in the table nodded, giggling like love-strucked elementary girls. You blushed at their statement, "No we're not, we're just friends." you retort with a faint blush, "More like friends with benefits." Annie quipped, continuing to eat her lunch. All of you chatted until Lunch ended.

Afternoon

Each class passes by, time flows smoothly than you thought it would. Before you knew it, classes had already ended, everyone was leaving their classrooms. Some even left behind to clean the rooms or they were forced to. You decided to wait the meek boy in front of the school, while waiting you messaged Lyn that you were probably gonna go home late. She replied with a snappy remark with fuck you along the lines. "Hey." Dovahkiin greeted, a warm smile adorned on his face. You greeted back, pocketing your phone. "So... Where are we going?" you asked, subconsciously holding his hand. He doesn't seem to notice this, "Well, I was thinking that we could grab some hot chocolate at Tweek Bros. and wander around the town. I mean, If you'd like to..." He trailed off, caressing his thumb over your knuckles.

> I would love to!
Sorry, but no.
I don't care.

"Well let's get going then!" He smiled, still holding your hand, he pulled you towards Tweek Bros. with you trailing behind him. Who knew the new kid would be a fast runner? He was already by the theatre yet you were just passing the street. He stood there, waiting for you. You catch up to him with sweatdrops all over you, "Damn, you're fast. I barely got out of there alive." You spoke, wiping off your sweat. Dovahkiin just didn't say anything and pulled you towards the shop.

Inside, the smell of coffee calmed you, Tweek was working on the counter today so he greeted to you two. "Hey guys, what would you— ack! like to— order?—ack! Too much pressure!" Tweek twitched, as always. He ordered for the two of you while you told him that you're gonna wait outside, you received a hum from him. You waited for him outside, while waiting you've encountered Tweek's Ex-Boyfriend, Craig. You greeted him with a smile while he greeted back with a poker face. "What are you doing here (Y/n)?" He asked, you answered that you were waiting for Douchebag. He scoffed and stood beside you, also waiting for someone. Dovahkiin came out with two cups of hot cocoa, and almost dropped them when he saw Craig. You grabbed yours from him and started drinking it."So, are you two dating?" Craig blurted out, you almost spat Craig on his face. Why does everyone keep on asking that? Can't they see that you two are just friends and nothing more?

No, we're not.
We're just friends.
> Damn right we are.

You didn't realize how much in deep shit you were when you blurted that. Craig just shrugged it off while Dovahkiin almost fell his cup. "Figures. Anyways since there's three of us know that you're her, might as well tell Cartman about it." You grimaced at his words. Do you really have to tell fatass about it? "Do I have to?" you say as you drink your chocolate beverage. Craig nodded, keeping his straight face. "Yep. That's why I came here in the first place." After a few minutes of Craig nagging you, you finally agreed.

While the three of you were walking toward Cartman's you feel something pulsating, it wasn't your heart, no. You remembered having an app on your phone that has the Velvet Room logo, you get your phone from your pocket and opened the app. The Strength arcana has opened, you looked to see who it was and it's Craig. You also received a text from Alphonse.

Alphonse:
It seems you have unlocked the Social Link for the Strength arcana. My master is pleased by this. Your Aeon arcana's social link has strengthened, it's now at Rank 2.

You left his text on read and you turned off your phone. The three of you finally arrived at Fatass' house. Eric's mom was at the kitchen, she saw the three of you and waved, "Eric's in the basement with his friends." she said as she went back in the kitchen. The basement door was locked with a password, Craig typed the password and the door unlocked.

The three of you get in and hear Cartman ranting about something, no, someone. "I swear that bitch is the Phantom Rose! She keeps denying it, but nooo—" He stopped midway when he you three enter. "Why the FUCK IS SHE HERE!?" he shouted, pointing at you. Craig replied that you were gonna confess about something, you three head down, Craig and Douchebag sat in their seats while you stood. "I'm the Phantom Rose." you said bluntly. After you said those words, Cartman was cheering. Saying that Kyle's wrong and shit like that. After his laughing has died down he has recruited you in Coon and Friends. He also made you a Coonstragram account and a Character sheet. You asked if your little sister, Lyn,  can join too. It took him a while to say yes, after his approval you made her an account and a character sheet. You send her the account and the character sheet. She has answered those in a few minutes. "Since we already got information from the Freedom Pals, you and Buttlord here are gonna be paired with another hero. You three will be finding the person who knows intel about the missing cats." He said. You went home after dealing with shit. You got a notification in your phone, you turned it on to see what it was, it was another notification on your Social Links. It seems the Fool arcana has opened.

[Ah shit. I messed it up, remember that chap 2 has Douchebag already encountered Call Girl, that saved his ass? Damn this is what happens when I haven't played the game in a short while.]