Chapter 7- The A-listers

My friends saved me from that embarrassing situation. It was their fault anyway for setting me up.

"I think it times up. Come Geu-rim. We cannot waste more of our precious time." Narra interrupted us. Apparently, they are just waiting for me at the corner and watched the scenario unfold.

The five of us, I mean Narra, Kanna, and the twins Sujin and Sumin walked away as we all held our heads up with elegance and dignity outside the restaurant. We held our shaking shoulders until we transferred place and settled down.

Kanna was the first one to let go of her laughter. It was so loud that all the people looked at us.

"Shh!"

"Oh sorry. I just can't believe that a guy like him cry like that. What a waste of face!" her shoulders were still shaking. With her pixie cut hair that complimented her heart-shaped face, she looked like a laughing fairy, not to mention her slightly slanted eyes and small lips and cute nose. But don't be deceived, the girls look is far from a laughing cute fairy. She has a nasty attitude I tell you.

"Yeah right? I was really waiting for Geu-rim to kick his balls you know. Ah, what a waste. I also lost from the bet. Ugh!" Sumin said. Another nasty soul of a friend of mine. She looked like an angel when she smiles. Just her presence could brighten up your dark sky. Just imagine yourself in the present with two identical lovely faces, how wonderful could it be? I'm not sure though. Like Sumin, Sujin is also a devil in disguise of an angel. She looked at the calmest among the 5 of us, but she is the most lethal, I tell you!

"Don't worry dear sister, I will use the money that I won to pay for the food. My threat everybody!" Sujin sweetly said. Woah! Poor Sumin. I wonder just how much Sumin lost.

"Enough you guys! Anyway Geu-rim, we are sorry for setting you up. That guy begged us to meet you one last time when Sumin accidentally sent the information about you here in Korea in the group chat of our class batch." Narra sincerely said. Narra possessed an authoritative presence. Her beauty is like an ice queen. She is not generous with her smile but when she does, everyone is captivated. But then again, don't be deceived, she is a scheming witch. I'm just lucky I could guess her way of thinking which sometimes pissed her off. I am the only person she called the opponent.

All of them bowed their heads asking for forgiveness. I was still seething but agreed. I'm pretty sure they have reasons.

"Anyway, it is true that Ryan is getting married next week. I investigated it first if he was really telling the truth. Apparently, his father was so tired of his frolicking attitude towards women, so he was set up with one of the associate's daughter. He will be disinherited if he will not follow his father's will. I heard that he was not also allowed to divorce. So, after the marriage, they will be sent on an isolated island to develop their feelings with each other." I was so shocked that I almost spit out my drinks. No, I was not shocked by Ryan's situation but about how much information Narra gathered! This girl's information network is scary! I wonder if she also knows the color of his underwear?

"Let's just move on and have fun girls!" I raised my glass and they followed suit.

These friends of mine are the closest I have since college. We were all Business Administrative students. I'm not sure how we got close but it was Kanna who first approached me. The twins followed; they were childhood friends of Kanna. They were jealous at first thinking I took away Kanna from them. I was irritated at told them they could have Kanna all they want and I don't care! They were shocked and laughed. Since then, they follow me like a puppy. Narra, who at first threatens me as an opponent eventually became closer to us too. She even told with the saying, Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. What a nerve!

They became friends with Ryan while we were dating but when they learned Ryan's betrayal, thanks to the help of Narra's information network, he became their number 1 enemy. Some students in the university were wary of us and even called us the A-listers.

I looked at my beautiful friends, and I was pleased with our connections. I'm pretty sure, it is not just because of our look or intelligence we got closer. The real reason behind this was because we all understand how twisted we are.