Chapter 16- Fated Person

2 years have passed by, but I could not forget it. I touched the ring on my thumb. I was not sure how it came to my possession but it was already in my thumb after that unfortunate event. The design was simple but it suited my style. I am not sure why I keep on wearing it since then. I also developed a habit of touching it once I think deeply or lost in thought.

Ping!

The sound of message notification awakened me from reminiscing the past. I sighed as I opened the message from the email.

To: prettyguerim@naver.com

From: mosthandsomehyungwoo@daum.com

Treat me with care starting tomorrow. (with smiling emoji)

I blinked at the message. What does it mean? The guys keep pestering me sending me random messages in my email address. It never fails every day. Though I got irritated I wonder why I also reply to the point that I keep looking forward to it? I am not sure. Did it seem like a natural thing to do? Though I don't dwell much on the thought is it weird?

His proposal already went through and my superior was quite interested. She was even looking forward to meeting Baek Hyung-woo in person. It seemed like Miss Dianne was curious about him.

I was about to type my reply when I received a video call from Mother. I clicked the received button. They regularly call me.

"Auntie!" I was surprised to see Dong-Hwa, my cute nephew.

"Oh, our Dong-Hwa! Did you surprise me? Do you miss me?" I smiled sweetly. This little guy is the sweetest.

"Yes auntie! I missed you already as well as Aunt Norae. Did you know, I got praised by my teacher today? Look at my work!" he excitedly told me his accomplishments. When I went back home, we got close immediately.

"Oh Gue-rim, Dong-Hwa called you. Did we not disturb your work?" Soe-sul Oppa. I also heard his wife laughed at the background and told mother about Dong-Hwa.

"Oh, our Dong-Hwa is already a big boy!" I heard mother said. Everybody happily talked.

"No Oppa. I'm glad that he called me too. That little guy is already doing on his own." I laughed. Dong-Hwa blushed and gave me a smile that reminded me so much of Oppa and Norae.

We talked more and bid goodbye. I already forgot to give my reply to his message.

*********************

I looked at my computer screen. I was waiting for her reply. She immediately replies to my random messages which made me happy. It only means that she is not ignoring me. I frowned. Maybe she is busy? I sighed. I will be seeing her tomorrow. No need to fret. I just arrived tonight. I feel a bit jet-lagged but as soon as I arrived at the hotel, I immediately sent her a message. It's already a month the last time I saw her. I laughed at myself. I feel like a hasty teenager being smitten on his first love. How could I never forget the face that captured my heart that night? The woman who rendered me speechless with her brazen personality. How could I ever forget how she replied to my kisses that melted my being and longed for more. How my body reacted easily with her touches. I regretted that time that she was able to slip from my grasp. The only thing that I was proud of was to put the family ring on her thumb. It has a simple design made of platinum gold. Inside the ring was my initial. It was not visible at first glance but it was definitely engraved.

It was unexpected. Who would have thought that someone would slip into my bedroom that night? I just took the bathroom and has to go back downstairs. The place was owned by my uncle who was the CEO of XX company. He invited me to his place at the same time celebrate the 4th of July with them. Who would have thought that I would meet my fated person that day?

I smiled at my recollection. Tomorrow, I will definitely make my move, so she will no longer escape on my grasp.