Chapter 45- I might kiss you

"Don't show me your gasped mouth, I might kiss you carelessly." I was surprised to retaliate. And with great timing, the music changed into a fast-beating tune. He led me to the corner as his hand feels warm to my exposed back. I heard him clicked his tongue. I wonder.

Before I could react, he draped his long trench coat to me. I looked at him questioningly.

"You looked cold." He answered briefly making me more confused. I am not feeling cold.

I could clearly see what he was wearing. He looked very stylish effortlessly in his stand collar Chinese style black shirt with an open button peaking his muscled chest. His fitted black pants were ankle-length emphasizing his black Korean shoes. He wore a phantom mask that covers his eyes down to his right cheeks to his jaws. He looked mysterious in many ways.

You've got to be kidding me! I thought while eyeing him lavishly. He looked naturally like an idol in a formal suit. I scolded myself for seeing him boldly.

"Excuse me Sir Hyung-woo, the President was looking for you." A familiar face from our department came and announced his purpose. How come that we are so easy to spot on even with our masks?

"Okay. Kindly lead the way." He timidly replied and looked at me. "I'll see you later."

I nodded in response as he hesitatingly left. Of course, it must be an important matter of why he was being called. I gasped when I momentarily remembered that I still have his coat cladding around my shoulders. Shrugging my shoulders, I looked around to look for Ian while deciding to return the coat back later once they see each other again.

Ian was with a group of people nearby so I glide my way in to join the group. I went to his side and approached him.

"Hey." I greeted him with a simple tap on his upper arm to get his attention.

"Hey yourself. Where have you been?" He asked immediately after he saw me.

"Hmmm. There and there." I vaguely replied. I could see his eyes questioningly eyeing at me.

I simply smiled at him making him more looking curiously as his eyebrows raised at one side. 

"Oh, I believed I know this beautiful girl in half butterfly mask." One of the men in the group boldly said. He was wearing a brown American suit with his simple black mask. He was shorter than Ian with a regular built. He also had a small goatee on his mouth. I am not sure if I know him though. "Aren't you from Dianne's department?"

"Yes. I am Alice Kim by the way from the Media business production department. Nice to meet you, Sir-?" I offered my hand first for a handshake showing my respect.

"Christopher Campbell." The man accepted my handshake but held it longer than expected making me uncomfortable. But wait, Campbell? "Nice to meet such a beautiful person, Alice. Can I call you Alice? You can call me Chris. Can I get your number?" he confidently asked rapidly. Don't tell me he will kiss my hand? Should he dare, he might meet my "accidental" punch.

To my relief, Ian gently yanked my hand as he sensed my discomfort. He looked surprised but he wiped it off and put on a bewildered smile.

"And she is my date Chris so stop making her uncomfortable." he humorously said to him. 

"How could you say I am making her uncomfortable? Right Alice?" I could see a malicious glint on his eyes warning my sixth sense. I am having a bad feeling with this man. 

"Stop being a bother, Chris! If Father knew about this, you might get in trouble once again." One of the men reprimanded him. He sounded the same with the Chris fellow. When I glanced at him, he looked at the same build with Chris as he wore a black Americana suit with a brown mask.  Even in dim light, you can point out that they looked alike. Wait, are they twins?

"I'm Philip Campbell by the way. And please forgive his antics." He offered his hand and I accepted it without hesitation. I could sense a better aura to him than his brother. 

"Alice Kim," I replied.

"I already heard of you from our youngest. She seemed to like you a lot." He informed making me wonder who the sister is. 

"You know, Jenna. She even throws a tantrum to Dad and insisted to be assigned there because she wants to meet you and be closer to-," added Chris but stopped saying when he was elbowed his brother. "Ouch! What's that for you idiot!"

"Stop spouting nonsense, you dickhead." He said menacingly making Chris cower. I guess, this Philip is much scarier than I thought. But wait, what does he mean by that?

Before I noticed, the girls with them already excused themselves making just the 4 of us in the circle. 

"Look what you did, my beautiful Ana left me! Where is she?" Chris complained when he noticed that his date slipped out.

"Stop complaining. It's your fault anyway!" Philip mockingly replied. He seemed to doesn't care that his date also went out somewhere. He turned his attention to Ian while intentionally forgetting what Chris said. "By the way Ian, when are you going to transfer to our company? Aren't you interested to work together with Alice?"

Oh, bless me. I think my relationship with Ian might cause a bigger understanding. I heard from him a week ago that he was being scouted by one of the newly appointed directors in our company. To think that it was the son of the CEO he was talking about. 

"Please spare me some time to think about it. It is not easy to quit on my "part-time" jobs and at the same time, the pressure on it while I am still continuing my studies."

To explain, his "part-time" jobs are as follows: An on-call advisor of the XZ Company, a newly established company that starting to be well-known because of Ian's ability to strategize a business plan; A catwalk model of XX Brand and many more. He was quite well-known and a Mr. Congeniality type but only few people whom he considered as friends.

The reason why he hesitatingly accepts the job was because of his studies. He was now on his thesis writing and was preparing on defense. 

"The position is still open for you. Please don't make me wait much longer." Philip said seriously.

"Ew dude. It sounds gay to me!" Chris teased. I smiled awkwardly feeling the same way.

"Well yes," he replied as if it was nothing of sort. He turned his attention to me and said, "Let's dance?"

I nodded in reply and excused ourselves.