Chapter 36- Jealousy

Meeting with the President and his daughter huh? And what has that supposed to do with me? Why should I care? Should I care? I don't think I should. Why would I? Why would I care?

"Uhm, Rimmy. Rimmyyyyy. Yah Alice Kim!"

"Huh? Did you call Ian?" 

"Yeah. Thousand times already. Where are your thoughts? And why are you..." Ian said while pointing the object in my hand. 

"Hah!" I let go of the crumpled can of beer, shocked that it was so crumpled in my hand.

"Yeah, and I can see smoke on your nose. What are you thinking right now? You seemed agitated." It was lunchtime. Ian just got home from last night and brought food and beer. He called me once he arrived and told me to eat with him.

"Nothing." I immediately denied it while avoiding his eyes. 

"Liars go to hell you know?" he said while smirking. "And oh, what do we have here?" he said while pointing at my exposed neck. I gasped when I realized I was only wearing my usual baggy shirt that exposes one of my shoulder blades. 

Ugh! I forgot about it once again and became careless since I am just at home. I wasn't really paying attention to it until Ian noticed.

"So, it's true that you are dating." He gave me that know-it-all smile. 

"I am not sure where you get that idea." I am still trying to deny, keeping my face straight.

"Well, my love Andrew saw you last night with a guy, holding hands on the ground floor. And now, let's see,  you have, eherm, kiss marks on the neck. Still, want to deny it? Are you flaunting it to me, darling?" he smiled got bigger looking at me.

I feel my face getting hotter. I bowed my head to hide my embarrassment.

"Oh my, what do we have here. Rimmy is so cute being embarrassed! When was the last time I saw you like it? Can I take a picture?" Ian, took off his mobile phone while trying to take a picture of me was seriously teasing me. He seemed to enjoy it a lot more. 

"Stop it." I tried to sound angry but he laughed more looking at my reddened face. "Do you really want to know?"

"Oh my! Of course! I'm soooo curious I wanna die! I want to know. I wanna. I wanna! Please tell me the details!" Ian said exaggerated with sparkling eyes looking at me. I laugh at his childish reaction. I can't win against him. 

"Y-yeah. I am dating the person I told you last time. His name is Hyung-woo Baek." I said shyly. 

"Really? Damn!" Ian looked astonished, giving me a bewildered look. And so I told him how we ended dating.

"You mean to say, you are jealous that he is meeting his new assistant, the daughter of the President of the company?" He asked after telling him about Hyung-woo's meeting today.

"Huh? Jealous? Why do you say that?" I asked, feeling confused. He stared at me disbelievingly.

"Unbelievable." he finally uttered. He covered his mouth and started to laugh like a villain who just learned the weakness of the protagonist. I feel irked at his reaction. 

"Are you making fun of me?" I asked challengingly.

"Me? No way! I am just surprised." he tried to stop laughing but I can't see his shaking shoulders.

"To what?" I raised my eyebrow. 

"To your reaction of course. How long has it been you were in a relationship before?" Huh? Why is he bringing it up?

"5 years ago was my last relationship. Why?"

"It makes sense. You seemed to forget how it feels to be jealous."

I was astonished. No way! I was never a jealous type. My last relationship did not work out because my ex-boyfriend cheated on me. It was because of his betrayal that I avoided being in a relationship for a while and also with my stupidity last time. But with Hyung-woo, I was not sure where I had the courage to act the way I do not usually do. Come to think of it, I became bolder and daring. I just knew him for a while but I became hasty because of him. 

Is it really jealousy that I am feeling? What should I do tomorrow? How am I supposed to act?

"What should I do?" I looked at Ian helplessly and he looked surprised seeing my face.

"There, there. It's okay to feel jealous Rimmy. I am curious to meet the person who's making my Rimmy anxious." he said while he stood by my side and tapped my shoulder as if consoling me. He really knows me too well. I leaned on him making my body relax. 

I closed my eyes when the realization hit me. Since I arrived back last night, an uncomfortable feeling was already nagging me until morning. I tried to ignore it but as time ticks by, I became agitated imagining that voluptuous woman smiling flirty with Hyung-woo. Ah- I should not feel this way. Tomorrow, I will officially guide her to her new job and she will become his assistant. I should act professionally and let these feelings hinder me. I don't want him to see me like this. and I don't want to hate myself for feeling like this. 

"Hey Rimmy, why not take revenge on the Annual Ball alright?" Ian whispered naughtily. Now, I recalled that I rejected his offer as his date because Ian will go with me. I nodded in response wondering how Hyung-woo will react.

**************************************

Reminder my babies:

Geu-rim Kim- Korean name

Alice Kim- her English name

Rimmy/Rim-rim- Ian's pet name on her