Chapter 32- She is bad news

"Good job everyone! And that concludes our meeting." Miss Dianne announced as she wrapped up the topic of today's meeting. 

Everybody stands up one by one to go back to their cubicles out of the conference room. As I was about to do the same, Miss Dianne called me.

"Alice. Follow me to my office."

"Yes Miss Dianne," I said as I silently followed her while curiously thinking about what she was going to say.

She opened the door and let me enter. After closing the door, she went to the receiving area of her office and told me to sit down while she grabbed two cups and filled it with hot black coffee. She does not need to ask as she already knows my preferences.

"Are you having difficulties with your work?" she inquired, putting the cups on the table and pushed the other one to me.

"Thank you!" I said as I accepted the coffee and lift it to take a little sip a before answering. "I am doing well so far. Mr. Baek works pretty well and I only give him the least assistance. He is very capable." It has been two weeks since I became his temporary assistant and 10 days since we were officially dating. We both followed the conditions we set in. We don't act lovey-dovey even in our dinner dates and I think we both acted like "normal" or maybe we are both formal or rather, awkward?  

"That's good to hear. I know how capable you are but pushing some extra work with you will surely exhaust you," Miss Dianne sounded apologetic as she sipped her coffee before continuing. "Anyway, I called you here to tell you that the daughter of the CEO will take your post as Mr. Baek's assistant starting next week."

"CEO's daughter?" I asked, quite surprised. I did not expect her to be assigned to our department and be an assistant/secretary. I heard passing rumors about the CEO's daughter's attitude but I don't take heed much about it.

"Yes, and if possible, I ask you to guide her for a day or two until she fully grasps her job." Miss Dianne said with a hint of subtle hesitation on her voice. I am curious to ask but I decided to let it go.

"Oh, I understand. Then, I will do the best of my abilities to guide her." I said while finishing my coffee. "Is there anything else?" I inquired. 

"..." Silence.

"Miss Dianne?" waiting for her to say a word.

"Ah, there's no more. You may go, Alice." I stand up and put the empty cup on the sink. 

"Well then, thank you for the coffee, Miss Dianne. I have to go first." and turned around. Before I was able to turn the knob, Miss Dianne called me again.

"Alice..."

"Yes Miss?" I looked at her questioningly. Once again, I saw the hesitation in her eyes as she looked at me and it took a while for her to decide to say what she wanted to say.

"The CEO's daughter, have you heard rumors about her?"

"Yes?" I answered unsurely. A bad feeling suddenly hit me. It seemed like She is bad news seeing Miss Dianne's hesitation.

"Good. But since it's you, I think I don't need to worry much," she said instead of elaborating her concern which left me more curious. 

"W-what do you---" before I even finish my sentence, the door was suddenly opened and a beautiful woman with long blond wavy hair appeared. She is wearing a fitted red dress that emphasized her curved sexy body and healthy orbs of cleavage.

"Miss Dianne!" the woman passed me as if not noticing my presence and confidently walked towards the startled Supervisor and hugged her tightly. "I missed you Miss Dianne!"

"Ah, Miss Jenna, we are in the office." Miss Dianne looked uncomfortable while trying to separate herself from the voluptuous woman.

"Awww, you're so cold." replied by the woman who is now poutingly clinging to Miss Dianne. "We will be seeing each other more you know."

"Yeah that is why you have to act accordingly." Miss Dianne immediately turned on her serious face and face me. "But since you are here, let me introduce Miss Alice Kim. She will assist you for a day or two on your work next week." It was as if she is giving either of us a deadline. "Miss Alice, this is Jenna Campbell, the CEO's daughter and she will work in our department as Mr. Baek's assistant."

I walked towards her and offered my hand for a handshake. "Nice to meet you Miss Jenna," I said.

"Oh, so this is the famous Alice I'm hearing about." I flinched as I heard humor on her words. She looked at me scrutiny before she accepts my hand. "I am looking forward to working with you Alice." and she gives me a haughty smile. I feel a shiver on my nerves which confirms my hunch that this woman is indeed bad news to me.