Chapter 26- Tteokbokki and Soju

We both stepped out and lead her the way to my door. I entered the passcode and we both enter. We both took off our shoes and I let her seat on the sofa.

"Want some water, coffee, or juice? Just feel at home." I said happily. My bachelor's pad is wide enough. It has 2-bedroom doors, a bathroom, a small kitchen and a living room with wide sofa and 55" Television screen attached to the wall.

"Coffee. Thank you for having me," she said as she put her coat and shoulder bag on the sofa. Instead of seating, she followed me instead of in the kitchen. "You have a nice place."

"Well, it was my big brother's. He just let me use it." I said as I opened the refrigerator and took the ingredients for the ttoekbokki. "Hot or cold coffee?"

"Hot." and I prepared a mixed stick of Maxwell coffee to a cup. I put an ample amount of hot water on it, stir it and give it to her which she accepted. "Oh, I missed this."

"Mother sent me a package of Korean goods. I will share it with you if you want."

"Really? Wow. I would gladly accept it." she said appreciatively. She gave me a grin which stopped me on my track. It was the first time she looked at ease with me. It is not just my imagination, right?

"So, you know how to cook?" she asked me curiously as I prepared the dish with expertise.

"Mother is a professional chief, so she taught us how to cook," I explained. I already cooked for myself after I gained independence. Delighted when I also learned that my cute sister, Sol-a was a pro when it comes to cooking.

"Wow. How delightful." she looked surely amazed. My heart soared high.

"Do you know how to cook too?" I asked.

"I'm still living up to now so yeah. I can manage through my housemate was the one to cook usually." Wait, its new information as I processed my mind. Park Narra definitely said she is living with a housemate.

"And this housemate of yours is a good cook too?" I asked as I cut the put the red sauce on the pot and stir it. On the other stove, I boiled 2 eggs

"Well yeah. He is like a professional chief. Want me to cut it?" she answered at the same time asked me about the *odeng (fishcake).

"H-he?!" I asked shockingly. Wait, she is living with a man? What's their relationship? Why did that Park Narra tell me about it? That b*tch! I am sure she left it out purposely.

"Yeah." She answered nonchalantly. She took the knife and started to cut the fish caked into a triangle shape. "Hey, you stopped stirring."

"Oh." I calmed myself with this shocking revelation. I have to probe for more information. "Can you stir it for me?" I asked as I added the fish caked on the pot. I took the hard-boiled egg and put it on cold water. Immediately, I peeled it.

I have to organize my mind and get to the bottom of it. Should I ask her? Somehow, I'm afraid of what will be her answer. I gulped my annoyance.

Just in a short time, the ttoekbokki dish is done. I put in the tray with the utensils and a bottle of soju and took it in a table outside the veranda.

"Wow. This is absolutely a beautiful view," she said as I guided her to her seat.

"Dig in," I said as I offered the first bite to her which she excitedly complied with.

"Wow, this is delicious!" she happily said. I was glad to see her delighted face but my face turned dark as I realized that she might have the same face with her housemate who cooked for her. I poured her the original flavored soju as well as to my own shot glass.

"Cheers?" I asked.

"Yeah. Cheers!" and we both drink it. "Woah, I also missed this taste!"

"I will give you before you go back home." I offered but I once again feel conflicted that she may share it with her male housemate. Darn it!

I tried to erase this darkened feeling as I focused on how she looked happy right now. She seemed friendlier to me as we talked about random things. We also both talked about our sisters which we absolutely grow found with. It was already late and I did not realize that the 1 bottle became 8 already and the tteokbokki we shared was replaced with chips.