Chapter 8- Don't be a KJ

I was so damned tired! How could those damned nasty bitches' friends of mine played hard! We went bar hopping after a couple of drinks at the restaurant. Kanna was not an easy person to deal with when drunk. She danced wild on the dance floor getting attention from men and women alike. Sumin was useless as well. I could see her flirting with beautiful and sexy girls, grinding with them on the dance floor. She is a bisexual by the way. Seju was around the corner surrounded by men like bees. She collects them like toys. Only Narra sat calmly with me. The boys that flocked us like crazy but I only gave them a fxck off glare. As of Narra, she quietly refused them with her cold demeanor. She's engaged to be married and doesn't want to get involved with the childish play.

"When will be the wedding?" I casually asked. They have been engaged for 2 months.

"Rei wants it as soon as possible but my father said to hold it for a while after the founding anniversary of the company, we will set the date then."

"Why is that?"

"My father is a greedy person. He wants attention only to himself. Announcing the wedding date will be big news. The attention will be divided and it would displease him."

Of course. I sighed. President Park is an attention seeker old man. His brilliance is incomparable but he likes childish play. He was the total opposite of his cold daughter. However, Touzo Rei is quite a gentle type. The man is a half-Japanese half- Korean CEO of the furniture company. I'm pretty sure he was thoroughly investigated by Narra before accepting him. Poor guy.

"You should attend the wedding. I don't want any of you to be absent."

"We will see about that, don't worry."

"Any news of your love life Gue-rim? You seemed to enjoy much of your work and Doctoral studies. Aren't you lonely?"

"No. I'm fine. Besides, the person will come at the right time. Maybe he was still on his journey towards me." I laughed at my dry humor. Haha. Funny me.

"I did not know you're a romantic dreamer. This is new. I should write it in my diary."

This cold witch!

"Dream higher anyway. Maybe it will soon come true." She smirked at me enjoying taunting me. I sighed. I lost my energy to retaliate.

"Narra, Gue-rim, come on let's dance! Especially you Gue-rim, don't be a killjoy! You will grow old alone with that attitude." Damned Kanna and her mouth!

"Ladies, we should have fun! Look around, there are many fishes on the dance floor!" Sumin also joined in.

"Let's not waste time you know. It's not like always we could enjoy like this." Seju too joined after wooing the boys away.

Narra and I joined them on the dance floor. Luckily, we were not surrounded as before and I enjoyed my time together with them.

*****************

"Unnie wake up! You will be late for your schedule." I heard Norae say as she gently shakes my shoulder.

I feel exhausted both body and mind yesterday. I knocked out to the bone when I arrived. My head throbbed as I opened my eyes. Ugh! What time is it? I checked on my phone and was shocked to see that it was already past noon!

"Are you okay Unnie?" Norae asked with concern. "Here drink this." she passed me a glass of cold water. I feel so thirsty and greedily drink it.

"Yeah don't worry about it. I guess I have to postpone going home today and rest here. Is it okay Norae?"

"Of course! If possible, I would like you to stay longer you know." she shyly said. Norae is such a sweet kid. She used to follow me and Oppa around when we were younger. We often eat ice cream in secret because the mother gets mad if she found out.

"I was worried earlier. You looked like a lump of dead meat."

"Ha! How could I not." I was beaten. I danced like crazy, thanks to Kanna and Sumin's influence. My mind was battered too after meeting Sol-a's brother. I could not tell Norae about that, can I? I mean, I cannot particularly tell her that they were practically stalked by that damned jerk because he has a sister-complex syndrome. Even though he is a hardcore sis con, I don't feel any danger from him. I trust my instinct. I was saved many times just following it and my instinct tells that Baek Hyung-woo is a safe and trusted man. He just irritates me though.

I stayed at Norae's apartment the whole day. I called mother and told her I will be home tomorrow instead. She said not to worry and be back safely.

I was doing a status report on my laptop when I received an email. I frowned, not sure if I gave my personal email address to anyone lately. Only I attached my company email address to every transaction I have related to business because it was more convenient. My superior and I were the only ones who is authorized to use it.

"Who could it be?" I was curious as I opened it. Damned! Is this a new joke?

I almost dropped my jaw to the floor. The nerve of that jerk!