Chapter 17-Surprise surprise

I woke early as usual. Doing my daily jog at the nearest park at least 10 laps, taking a shower, grab bread for breakfast, and drive my way to the company is my daily routine. Before going to the office, I go to the nearest Starbucks to grab my favorite cup of Cappuccino as part of my daily routine.

The wind is getting chilly. I could feel the cool autumn breeze brushed my cheeks. I inhaled deeply and let it go with a sigh of satisfaction. Today seemed to be a good day. I smiled inwardly as I continued my phase towards the building where our company resides.

I swiped my company ID at the entrance as the two security guards stood straight looking alert at anyone. They greeted me as I passed and I wear my usual smile at them greeting "Good Morning" at the same time. It was nothing unusual.

"Alice" I heard a voice calling me from behind. I looked back.

"Miss Dianne, good morning!" I greeted my superior. She was covered with dirty white slacks that fitted her long legs; royal blue blouse draped with the same gray coat. Her presence alone is an epitome of authority that everyone may both be wary and respected.

As for me, influenced by Miss Dianne, I wore a knee-length slick black skirt topped with a satin white blouse and a royal blue coat. We both wear a comfortable 2 inches (5.08 cm) shoes as both of us are already tall. It's already been a year since I became her Assistant Team leader of our department.

"I already checked the revision of the business proposal you made. Good job!" Miss Dianne said as both of us walked together to the elevator on the way to our office. She is not a person who gives praise easily. She gives more critic actually though I don't mind. Our personalities complement each other as others are afraid to approach her while I just head on approaching her.

"Thank you, Miss Dianne. If not with your guidance I would be able to do it."

She smiled at me. She does give her smile for free too. I may be conceited a bit to say that I am one of the few people she smiled the most with. Of course, it boasts my utmost confidence. This person of beauty and brains beside me is both an angel and a devil in the field we are in.

"Good morning!" another guy from our department joined us in the elevator panting as he runs wild to catch the ride.

Miss Dianne just nodded as her most usual reply to anyone. I also said good morning to him. He beamed at me showing his toothpaste bright teeth. His normal breathing came back to normal.

The three of us get off our floor silently. Members of our team who got earlier greeted us diligently.

"Dude, you're so lucky to be accompanied by Miss Dianne and Alice, the goddesses of our department! Kyaaaa!" I heard one of the male employees said.

How silly. I chuckled inwardly.

"Come to the office with me." I heard Miss Dianne said to me. I followed her swiftly.

"Mr. Baek Hyung-woo will come to the office today." My mouth was slightly agape with the sudden bomb of news. Why so sudden? It was not that I did not expect his presence but I thought that...

!!! Ah...! I suddenly recall the message I received last night. I compose myself back to her sudden news. Thankfully, I was behind Miss Dianne, so she did not see my inappropriate reaction.

"Oh, that was a bit of a surprise," I said showing a bit of surprise in my face. "I did not see in our schedule of his appearance today."

"Oh well what you said is true but bosses from above were the ones was eager to meet this new partner. Therefore, we have no choice but to comply. Apparently, it is not an official visit, but he requested a guide from our department as his guide to roaming around the company and be familiarized with it."

I knitted my brows as confusion sink in. Miss Dianne sense my confusion as she dropped another bomb to me.

"He will be the one to oversee the project in our department that he proposed to. Aside from being one of the new partners of our company he will also represent the Korean branch of OO Company. Therefore, he will be our boss. And... He requested you to be his guide for today."

My mouth dropped not minding Miss Dianne's gaze anymore.

So much for a good day damn it!