Chapter 39- Revenge(1)

"Miss Alice, you look good than usual!"

"Miss Alice, that dress suits you well!"

"Oh my God! You're getting more beautiful day by day!"

"Kya! Miss Alice, please marry me!"

"Miss Alice! Miss Alice! Miss Alice!"

I feel embarrassed but at the same time delighted. I smile inwardly hearing those words while on my way to the office. 

I should succeed with this right? I contemplated while opening my laptop. I reviewed the data of reports I intended to forward to my supervisors. I already organized the reports that I should forward to Jenna for her work. Speaking of, this would be the last day to train and guide her.

I revised the report a little and emailed it to Miss Dianne and Hyung-woo. I also zipped the document to be sent to Jenna before sending the email to her. After a few minutes, I organized my things and went to door opposite mine. I knocked first before entering. 

"Good morning!" I greeted Jenna who was setting in front of the computer. She seemed to scan the contents of the Zipped documents that I sent.

"Alice, good morning!" She greeted with a beautiful smile on her face.  Since yesterday, she stopped giving me her haughty smile and smiled genuinely. I wonder if she already feels at ease with me. "The data you sent was pretty organized. It would make my job easier. Thank you!"

"No problem! It's my job after all. There are some things I need to teach you but feel free to ask if you have questions."

"Thank you! Anyway, you looked prettier today. I like your dress!" She said while looking at me appreciatively. I blushed at her compliment. I am wearing a royal blue crepe fabric sleeveless turtleneck paired with a sexy black maxi side slit skirt. The slit was on the right side. It was pretty decent unless you seat with legs crossed. A teasing exposure of my long legs would be seen if I intend to.  It wasn't my usual office attire but I intent to wear it with a purpose. 

Ian was also surprised seeing me with my not usual attire. He was the one who gifted me with the skirt last Christmas and told me that it would look good on me. He even offered me to drive me to work.

"Don't tell me you are falling in love with me?" I teased him as usual.

"Girl, you may be a beauty but you will never capture my heart." He replied while looking disgusted. I laughed at his reaction. Being friends with Ian is always refreshing.

"You are so hard to get," I commented. "Am I not charming enough?" I pushed while batting my eyelashes to him. 

"Ugh! I should not offer you a ride." I laughed louder. "Are you planning on something?" 

Ack! He really knows me. Maybe that's the reason why he offered me a ride so he could interrogate me. He won't wait until later once he wants to know something.

"Can't I wear this kind of dress?" I asked while checking on my phone. 

"You can of course. But knowing your twistedness, I know you are planning on something. Am I not correct?"

I flinched at his honesty. How could I be so transparent with this person?

"Are you sure you are not interested in me romantically Ian?" I asked in doubt, glaring at him.

"Let your dreams fly high Rimmy." he encountered. Of course.

"Anyway, yes. I am taking revenge today so, cheer on me okay?" I answered briefly before opening the door of his car. We just arrived at the entrance so I immediately took off and bid my thanks to him. 

I saw him laugh while shaking his head before driving away.

And so, I will wait for the right timing to see Hyung-woo get what he deserved after what peaking on me on the neck. 

It was already in the afternoon when he arrived at the office. His schedule is fully packed with meetings. Often times, he spent it on a video conference in Korea. I also learned that he often talks with my younger sister Norae as she was part of his team. And so far, I have no intention of telling her about my romantic involvement with her boss at the same time, brother of her lover.

His attendance was also because of the meeting that was scheduled in the afternoon. I will be the one to present it for the approval of everybody.

I squared my shoulders and relaxed as I was in front of them showing the slides of the progress of the project. With confidence, I presented my report with mastery.

"Based on the progress report, the approach we made was effective and efficient. Therefore, as recommendation, we should continue doing the approach for further progress of the project." I concluded. Everybody clapped their hands in awe as if seeing me for the first time. They were always like this every time I made a presentation. Somehow, it made me feel embarrassed.

"Alice I am impressed with the revision you made. Good job!" Miss Dianne said after I finished the report. Thankfully everyone approves of it and we moved on to the next agenda.

I seated in between the seat of Miss Dianne and Hyung-woo while Jenna was on his right side. 

"Good job!" he said as he leaned a little closer. I looked at him and smiled seductively while saying thank you. I casually turned my head back and crossed my legs. I was careful not to let anyone see my gesture since all eyes are on the next presenter.

I know his eyes followed my movements and it lingers on exposed legs for a long time. I grinned at myself after that. Feeling his fidgety reaction, I think I will succeed in my revenge.