Chapter 46- Jenna's perspective

I'm starting to get bored. The idea to change the theme into a masquerade ball was mine. I wasn't really interested at first, but I wanted to see some spice and drama in this boring events. I slowly sipped my wine while my eyes wander around. Most of them are talking lively while others dance to their heart's content. Some are eating leisurely at the side table while some are taking their time getting acquainted.

"Seemed like they are having fun huh. Boring." People are so boring and they are so easy to manipulate. I silently sigh. Stuck in these boring conversations with the stock owners and proud and arrogant conglomerate children, I want to get out and find Dianne. I am sure she was together with Alice. Just thinking about them brought a smile on my face. I want to play with them. And where is that cold Hyung-woo? He even had the decency to leave me alone. He did not even say a word and disappeared just like that. I would have liked him, but he openly showed his disinterest in me. Though I really liked his appearance, as he obviously showed his no interests, I got discouraged. Still, I continually showed them my fake interest in him for appearance's sake and to stir up drama.

Ever since I was a kid, I am treated like a princess. Being the only daughter and the youngest out of the 3 children of one of a conglomerate family, my life is easy and full of luxury. At an early age, we were already educated to learn business and stocks. I was so able to learn some skills like playing the piano and violin. When I was a kid and became interested in show business, I undergone training for acting skills but eventually gone interested and stop. To say, I have mostly everything that I want to. I could mix studying and pleasure, get in trouble, and an easy piece to get out. That's how life supposed to be right? All the rumors that surround me are half true. I could easily stir up trouble just to quench my thirst for fun and get out with the boring cycle of my life. Screwing up someone that caught my eyes is a business of mine.

Lately, someone's caught my attention and I'm still observing them. To think that I would even enter my dad's company just to get close to the person. Who knows, I might have fun at the end.

"You're alone. Want to dance with me?" A man who looked like a peacock on his outrageous mask said while smiling with his crooked teeth. I frowned in disgust. Does he not aware who am I?

"Come on, beautiful. Dance with me. I won't bite you, you know." He even had the courage to wink his eyes. I give him my coldest stare and the people surround us held their breath. Someone from the group of uneasy people came forward and approached the peacock man.

"Dude, let's go if you don't want to get in trouble?" he warned as he tried to grab the man away from my view.

"Hey, let go! What do you mean? You might get in trouble instead. Let go!" he insisted and came forward to me, but the other one is strong enough to hold him while someone came forward and grab the man too.

"If you want to live peacefully, don't try your luck on her."

"What do you mean? Who is she?"

"Did you not know she is the Princess conglomerate? Be careful who you approach, man." I could hear the words the said before the peacock man looked stunned and paled as he looked at me and scrammed.

I continually drink the wine as if nothing happened. Hyung-woo appeared after and approached me.

"Something happened?" he monotonously asked.

"Nothing to be concerned about though." I smile graciously hiding my irritation to his unconcerned attention. "Can we get out of here and look for Dianne and others?"

"Yeah. Let's." he immediately replied, making me realized that he became interested in my proposal. My eyebrow raised and I smiled secretly. Seemed like this guy is easy to read after all. I hooked my arm to link in his and we walked away from the crown who looked at us earnestly. I am pretty sure they are getting curious about what is the relation between the two of us.

The truth is I enjoyed the attention. I like being the center and at the same time, the director of the show. To manipulate people how they think and how they should feel is my pleasure. Life is so boring and it always ends with the same cycle. 

My father, who is the president of the company is the easiest one since he dotted at me greatly. My twin oldest brothers are like puppies in disguise. Mother is the only one who sometimes disagrees with me but with a little drama, I could turn the table and the circumstances. So easy.