Chapter 40 -Revenge (2)

I gulped. I did not expect her to do something like this. She dared to give me that smile that unexpectedly stirred my senses.

The way she confidently swayed her way where we were seated after her presentation and gave me such an endearing smile saying "Thank you" while unintentionally showing her legs with the skirt with slit she's wearing, is this woman a devil in disguise? If she is, then I am willing to go to hell. Ha! Now, what I am thinking about. I might have gone crazy. I do things I was not supposed to do like yesterday. Just imagining her squirming with a muffled voice as she was trying to contain her moans while kissing and sucking her neck. Have I gone pervert? I have never been so attracted to anyone aside from her. Is she also a witch? I wonder. 

I can't help but keep glancing at her. I was already distracted. I scolded myself to stay focus. The truth is I was never like this even before. I was never interested in a relationship. I was always a diligent and serious type. Even my cute little sister dubbed me as a dweeb. I have never been agitated towards a person. Not until I met her. 

"Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere Sir?" She suddenly leaned closer while looking at me with her concerned beautiful eyes. She casually touched my legs under the table as if it was a natural thing to do. I cleared my throat before answering. 

"I am well. Thank you for your concern." I leaned closer to answer while giving her my assuring smile and focused my attention back to the person who was giving her an update report. It was being of you I am feeling agitated now.

"Well done! Let us continue this phase until we achieve our goal for this project. Thank you everyone for their efforts!" Dianne praised as she clapped her hands to all the members as we all followed suit. Giving praise publically is one of her techniques to boost the confidence of the members to do their work to the best of their abilities. I am impressed. 

"As for the last agenda, it is about the Annual Ball. There will be a little charge on the theme and this year, they decided to put a Masquerade Ball theme."

"A masquerade ball? Wow! It's the first time since I started working here."

"Right? I think it never happened before."

"Amazing! I am so excited!" 

Everybody awed as they heard about it. They started to talk excitedly. Nobody complained about the sudden change of theme but instead, they started to make plans about it. I already knew it and I also knew who suggested the change of theme. It seemed that this Annual Ball is an exciting event that most of the employees have been looking forward to. 

I glanced at everybody's face, seeing how excited there are. Lastly, I stole a glance at Geu-rim, but she does not show any reactions to it while my new assistant, Jenna, is giving all her smiles as if she accomplished something big.

I sighed inwardly. I want to feel indifferent about it but it bothers me just thinking that I am not her date. I should talk to her about what to do with the after-party but it sounded like I am expecting something. What if she will think that I am a pervert and get disgusted with me? 

Before I noticed it, everybody was already on their way out of the conference room. I was still in my chair while Geu-rim and Dianne were at the distance talking about some documents when suddenly, Dianne gently tucked the hair on Gue-rim's ear.

"Aren't you too pretty today?" I flinched as I heard her say while giving Geu-rim an alluring smile. 

"Aren't I always Miss Dianne?" to my shock, Geu-rim also replied smiling. It seemed that my neck throbbed. Why are these two flirting in front of me?  Is this their way of communicating with each other? And why is my Geu-rim acting like that? 

"Haha. You are right Alice. You always look pretty. Now, let us go back to the office to continue this pretty talk of ours." Dianne laughed while grabbing her arms walking away to the conference room. I was struck dumbfounded. 

"Sir Hyung-woo, are you okay?" Jenna inquired while waiting for me. Was it the second time I was asked today?

"Of course. I was just a bit tired." I answered back. "Good job for today. Anyway, how was today's work?"

"Alice's work is organized so it was easy to follow her example. It was easier than I expected," she answered while we, too, walked on our way to the office. She also told me that she was looking forward to the Annual Ball since it is her first time attending as an employee and not as the daughter of a Conglomerate. She seemed genuinely happy and not just someone who was forced to do it.

When we arrived at the office, I focused my attention on the works that I needed to finish and before I noticed it, it was almost 6 in the evening. 

"Jenna, kindly tell Alice that I need to check on her about the report she has given me," I called on the intercom. "You may leave after work."

After 5 minutes, I heard a knock on the door and entered the woman who keeps bothering my mind since the day I met her.

"I head you called for me Sir." It still amazes me how her presence affects me. I silently laughed at myself. She bewitched me.

"Yes. Come and sit down and I have some questions to ask." I said inviting her to the receiving area. I brought the hard copy of the report and asked her to elaborate on some pointers on the proposal. I nodded to myself, agreeing with her and at the same time-sharing my thoughts which she accepted. I am surprised at the same time, pleased with how synchronized the way we think about the matter.

"Is that all Sir?" she finally asked. When I look at the clock, it took us almost an hour to discuss it. 

"Yes," I replied. "Anyway, will you join me at dinner?"

"Are you asking me on a date?" She looked at me as if teasing.

"Can't I?" I countered.

"Of course. Can you wait for me here?" she suddenly asked but I agreed. She went outside the office. I stayed on the sofa in the receiving area while reading some documents. 

After a while, I heard the door opened and the door being locked..? Before I could ask, I was blindfolded tightly.

"It's time for revenge Hyung-woo Oppa," she whispered on my ears giving me chills.