|2|

Beyoncé POV

I rummaged through all the manilla folders scattered across my dining room table.

"Where is it, where is it?" I whispered to myself, trying to find the specific folder with the name of my client that I have to defend tomorrow. "Shit! I have to find ittttt."

After searching for a few more minutes, I found the folder and felt victorious. I took the time to actually organize myself and at least make all my folders look neat by stacking them into two separate piles on the table.

When I completed that small cleaning task, I grabbed the folder I needed and went back to my couch to look over the evidence I have to present to the judge tomorrow.

Just as I opened the folder and started to skim through the evidence, my doorbell sounded throughout my house. I sighed and closed the folder, getting up from the couch. Rushing to my front door, I unlocked it and swung the door open to be greeted with my best guy friend, Jay, and my goddaughter, Zaria.

"Oh my god! Why didn't you tell me you were coming!?" I asked, excitedly as I hugged Jay

"Oh my god! Why didn't you tell me you were coming!?" I asked, excitedly as I hugged Jay. I immediately grabbed my goddaughter and held her tight as I let Jay into my house. "What are you doing here? Why didn't you call boy?"

He chuckled as he stepped into my house and closed the front door behind him. "I wanted to surprise you. I know it's been a few months since you seen us in person. Had a few business meetings out here and some things to check up on, so I figured we would stop by and crash here." He smirked at me.

"Mhmmmmm." I rolled my eyes as I made my way back to the living room. I sat down on the couch as Jay entered the living room and looked around.

"Place looks good."

"Thank you." I spoke, placing my goddaughter on my lap. "I missed y'all, but what's this crash here business?" I asked. "You asking me to watch Zaria?"

Jay rubbed his hands together and nodded. "Only if you can. If you can't, I'll figure something out."

"I gotta work Jay. I have court tomorrow and I had plans to go out tomorrow night with Nicki. But this is my baby, so I'm gonna make it work and see if my mama can watch her just for tomorrow." I spoke, looking at Zaria and fixing her little outfit. "Her mama still missing in action?" I questioned, before looking up at Jay.

"Yeah man." He sighed. "I knew she didn't want a kid, but damn. I would think if you carry your own child inside you for nine months you would form some type of bond or at least care. Bitch ran off as soon as she got released from the hospital." Jay shook his head. He walked over towards us and sat down next to me on the couch.

"Watch your mouth Jay and yeah, I know, but it's obvious she doesn't care about her daughter. Has she at least called to see how she's doing? Anything?" I asked.

"Nah." He said. "I just wish Zaria had a real mother, a motherly bond, you know?"

"Boy, that's me." I smiled. "I got her and she got me. You know that. I would do anything for my baby, Jay."