|7|

Thursday

Beyoncé POV

I sat at my desk, slightly leaning back in my computer chair, scrolling through emails and responding to them. I can't wait until I start my own practice, so I can hire an assistant to do some of my work for me, so I can actually read through my emails. I've been neglecting the task and that is not a good thing considering I'm a family attorney who works for the State. I get numerous emails and most of them are about my cases; so I have to constantly check my emails.

Looking through an email from a fellow attorney about a case I'm working on, my phone started to ring. Sighing, I grabbed my phone off my desk and clicked on the PDF file that was attached to the email I was looking at.

"Hello." I spoke into my phone, letting my eyes scan over the documents on my computer screen before me.

"Heyyyy Bey." I heard Nicki say, which made me smile.

"Hey Nicki."

"What are you doing?" She asked me.

"I'm at work, looking through emails. I only had one case today, so I came back to the office. What's up?" I asked, taking my eyes off of my computer and putting my feet up on my desk.

"I wanted to call and check up on you. We barely text and I know it's because I triggered yo ass on Saturday with Megan." She popped her tongue and I smirked. She was right.

"Whatever Nicki." I giggled.

"Girl, be honest with me. It's Nicki, you know I know you, so don't lie. You were triggered when I pulled that shit with Megan, huh?"

I sighed. "Maybe.......just a little bit." I admitted, though I hated to.

Nicki laughed and I could hear her clapping her hands in the background. "I knew it! I knew that shit! That was a setup Bey, I set yo ass up, because I knew you were feeling Megan."

"I'm not feeling her, I just enjoy her company and our friendship." I said.

"Mhm, so you mean to tell me, y'all haven't fucked yet?" She questioned.

"No, Nicki. It's not like that. We're attracted to each other, yes, but we haven't acted upon it and I don't know if I want to. I'm straight. We're just close and get each other, Nic."

"I know Bey, I know, but give it a chance. You might be straight, but Megan could be that one person to change that and turn you out. You never know. But, be careful, because I've been hearing things."

I frowned. "Things like what?" I inquired. I haven't told anyone about my friendship with Megan. Maybe she said something to one of her friends and it circulated.

"Thingssss Bey. You know Megan works in a salon; salons and barbershops are like the holy grounds for gossip. I'm letting you know, shit is swirling around on the streets about you and Megan getting down and getting into some shit."

"What?"

"I was in the shop getting my hair done and one of the stylists said Megan was acting different since she started hanging around you and how when you came to the shop, y'all were flirting and I heard some shit about y'all doing something in Megan's shower."

I laughed. "These bitches are some liars, Nicki. I let Megan do my hair that one time and we weren't flirting at all. We were having a regular conversation and then I tipped her for her services, with CASH, not ass, so what the hell? And the only reason why Megan is acting different towards them is because they fucking with her on the low and are hating on our friendship because they think she bagged my fine ass. I've noticed how them bitches be staring at me when I walk up in there and I know a carpet muncher when I see one, all them hoes up in there go both ways and they're jealous because they think Megan and I are dating, so they're making shit up. Period."