|6|

Monday Afternoon

Beyoncé POV

I entered Esther's Cajun Cafe & Soul Food and was escorted to the table where Megan was waiting for me. When I saw her, I felt so bad.

"Oh my god Megan, I'm so sorry I'm late boo, court ran over." I rushed out as she got up and I hugged her.

"It's okay Bey, I understand."

I kissed her cheek and we both sat down in our seats.

"I'm not making you late for another appointment, am I?" I asked.

"No girl, you good. My next appointment isn't until 5:30, and oh, I ordered you a water." She spoke pointing to the full glass of water.

"Thank you." I pouted. "You're so thoughtful, but good, you got two hours. It's been a hell of a day. How about yours?" I questioned, sipping the water through my straw.

"Bey, drama." She sighed.

I frowned when I saw the annoyed look on her face.

"Who's messing with you Meg?"

"Keyshia, and that other bitch Shauna who was coming at me when I was washing your hair. It's over some stupid shit and jealousy, just because I did your hair." She rolled her eyes. "I almost fought them bitches, but some people jumped in and I was advised to 'take a breather', so this lunch is really helping me calm down."

"Uh uh." I spoke, now irritated. I don't know Megan like that, but what I have seen, I can tell she's a well-rounded young lady who stays positive and works hard. I don't like to see anyone I know and I'm cool with to be fucked with. "Do I need to come up there?" I asked.

She laughed and shook her head. "I got it Bey. But thank you for having my back and wanting to fight over me."

"Shit, I don't play when it comes to things like that, but I know you grown and I can tell you can handle yourself." I smiled.

"That I can."

I placed my right elbow on the table and leaned my head against my hand. "How did you become so tough, Meg?" I asked, out of curiosity.

"My mama and grandma's." She smiled. "They were strong and I became what I saw."

I nodded. "I'm sure they are so proud of you." I smiled.

"They would be proud of me." She corrected before she sipped her water.

"Would be? They passed?" I questioned.

"Yeah, my mom and great grandma, last year. In the same month too." She shook her head.

I looked into her eyes and knew she has been in some dark places. Megan has been through a lot and I want her to know without a doubt, I'm here for her.

"Oh my god Meg, I'm so sorry baby. Seriously." I spoke from the heart. "If you ever need me or need to talk and just get away from your life, you can always call, text or FaceTime me, Meg. Honestly baby." I spoke before getting up out of my seat and going over to her. I hugged her and when I pulled away we were both staring at each other. I felt something, a connection, but ignored it and went to sit back down.

"Thank you Bey, really. You haven't known me long at all. Three days at the most and you already going hard and riding for me more than people I've known for years, so thank you."

"Don't mention it. I know a good woman when I see one." I smiled.

She smirked and the waitress came over to us to take our orders. This lunch is just what I needed.