|35|

Megan POV

I walked into Bubba's Burger Shack and looked around, trying to find Lauren. I had enough time for about an hour lunch break in my schedule today, so I finally agreed to meet her ass. I know Bey will be pissed, but the only reason why I'm doing this, is because of Bey assaulting Lauren. I have to make sure everything is cool between us, so she won't press charges. So in actuality, Beyoncé is the reason why I'm here, though I'm not obligated to be. But an innocent lunch with Lauren to talk about the assault and to give an answer as to what her next steps are, is a good move, securing Beyoncé and I.

Once I spotted Lauren at a table, I walked over to her and forced a smile on my face. I hate being fake, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

"Hey sexy." Lauren greeted me as I pulled out a chair at the table to sit down.

"Lauren...please don't. That's how you got into this mess. Let's keep it platonic and talk about what you wanted to talk about." I spoke, sitting down.

"Alright." She smiled. "How are things at home?" She questioned.

"It's fine." I sighed as I put my phone and purse in my lap. I quickly went to my camera app and started a video to record the entire conversation, so if she does decide to press charges or if I need to defend myself, I'll have proof.

"You sure?" Lauren asked.

"What are you getting at Lauren? Get to the point." I demanded.

She laughed. "I just thought you would've gotten in trouble with the little texts I sent you on Thanksgiving."

I chuckled. "I'm sure that was your intention, wasn't it? Well, Beyoncé and I are good. You could never mess up what we have." I explained.

"You sure about that?" She smiled brightly. Her cockiness forced me to realize I have to really stay on my toes around her. She's too confident right now, so she must be planning something.

"Positive." I stated sternly.

"Okay." She laughed. "If you think so. Anyway, I was thinking about your proposal and I accept."

"By me coming here to this meeting, you already accepted my proposal. The deal was, I show up, you explain and tell me whatever it is you wanted to tell me, and Beyoncé staying away from you in exchange for you not pressing charges." I spoke.

She rolled her eyes. "Well, whatever. I wanted to talk to you about us."

"Us?" I snarled. "Us? There is no us Lauren. I have a family and a fiancé I'm madly in love with. Because of you, I've had to constantly defend myself and my feelings to my fiancé."

"Ooo, trouble in paradise, baby? That's a sign. Don't you ever get tired of trying to prove yourself to someone who's supposed to know you in and out?"

I sighed. "Look Lauren, we will never be togetha, eva. Please stay away from me and Beyoncé will stay away from you. This meeting is over." I stood up and walked away from Lauren, going to order my food and take it to go.

After getting my food, I went outside to my car and got in, driving back to my salon. When I walked in the salon, I headed straight to my office to sit down to eat my food.

When I was almost done eating, there was a knock on my office door followed by some yelling. I grimaced and wiped my hands with a napkin as my door swung up, revealing Kelsey and Lauren, standing behind her.

"Meg, I tried to tell this girl she's not allowed back here."

I sighed. "Thank you Kels, it's fine. I'll deal with it."