|3|

Morning

Beyoncé POV

I stretched and opened my eyes to find Azaria not next to me. I sat up and looked around when I heard Jay talking. He walked into my room, fully dressed, holding Azaria. She was holding her bottle, which made me smile.

"Look at my precious baby." I cooed.

"Morning Bey."

"Morning."

"I'm on my way out. I'll call you later." He spoke, walking over to the bed and handing Azaria to me. I took her and she maneuvered her way over my shoulder still drinking her bottle.

"How long am I keeping her, so I know if I need to buy anything." I stood up. He grabbed his small duffle bag and threw it over his shoulder.

"Only for the weekend. No more than that. And I got everything covered." He went into his back pocket and pulled out a fat knot of cash. He thumbed through the bills and pulled it out of the stack. "This should be enough if you wanna take her shopping or if you want to get something for yourself."

"Jay, that's too much." I said, looking at the bills. There's at least $600 in his hand that he's trying to give me. "And I ain't no trick. You know I don't charge you for watching Zaria. Don't do that."

"I know you aren't a trick Beyoncé, take the damn money. Stop tryna beef with me gorgeous, damn."

I rolled my eyes. "I just don't like you giving me money, like I'm one of them hoes you used to dealing with who be begging you for money after they f-ed you."

He sucked his teeth and forced the money into my hand before leaving out my room. I threw the money on my nightstand before following after him. Making my way downstairs, I saw Jay heading to the front door. I walked to the front door to find him standing there smiling.

Though I didn't want to, his smile made me smile. Jay can really get on my nerves and push my buttons sometimes. I walked closer to him and he said bye to Azaria and told her he would see her in a couple of days before kissing her forehead.

"I ain't gotta tell you to take care of my baby." He spoke.

"I know." I said with an attitude.

"Aye, cut that shit, come here." He said, grabbing me by my waist.

"What Jay?" I asked, looking up at him.

"I care about you, I just wanna make sure you and my baby are good."

"I got this. I'm fine."

"Aight." He side hugged me and I leaned my head over to the left, so he could kiss my cheek, but the nigga was trying to be slick and kissed my lips instead.

"Corey!" I yelled before he started laughing and opened the front door.

"I love y'all, bye."

"Ugh! I got you Corey Carter, remember that!"

He waved me off as he went to his car and I rolled my eyes. "Your daddy is annoying, Zari."

She smiled at me and I laughed. "You already know that, huh? You gotta deal with him 24/7. Poor baby."

I locked my front door and carried Zari upstairs to get her ready for the day. When I got to my room, I decided to change Zari one last time before I got her dressed.