|27|

Two Weeks Later

Megan POV

I stood with my feet spaced out, about three feet apart, as they were firmly planted on the floor while I did my client's hair.

"Damn, look at Meg going, I can't even see her fingers clearly." Trish said as I braided.

I laughed and shook my head as I finished up the braid.

"Y'all know once Megan stands like that she's going in. She's quick as hell." One of my favorite stylists, Jonathan, said.

I grinned. "Y'all, stop messin' wit me." I joked as I parted my clients hair and started on another knotless box braid. They were right though. I always stood with my legs slightly open, so I can have the best posture and be comfortable. Most of my clients get knotless box braids, weaves, laced wigs, feed ins and regular box braids. These styles take me anywhere from 2 1/2 hours, because I'm so quick, to 5 at the most; depending on the design or style they want.

"Y'all know I gotta be comfortable." I laughed.

My client and other stylists laughed as I grabbed more hair to add to the braid.

"Meg, you and Bey doing that dance workshop?" Trish asked me. I told her about it the day after Bey decided she wanted to do that for our wedding.

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I found a way to work around my schedule, since they're located in Detroit. Bey and I are gonna fly out while Jay keeps the kids. Just to learn and be comfortable with the dance. I don't think we'll learn the entire thing though, since we can only go for three days." I finished speaking as I finished my clients braid.

"Oh, that's nice. Y'all gonna sight see?" Trish asked as I parted my clients hair and started on another braid.

"Probably, we both haven't been to Detroit before. I'm really excited to try the food." I smiled.

"Ooo, girl, tell me how it is when you get there."

I laughed. "Will do, Trish."

My phone started ringing and I grabbed it off my station and answered it. Holding the phone between my shoulder and my ear, I spoke as I kept braiding.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Ms. Pete?"

Pete? They using my government, it must be something serious.

"Yes, this is she."

"Hi, this is Dana from Azaria's daycare. There was a woman who tried to pick up Azaria and leave with her. I'm not sure who she was and when I asked for her name, it wasn't on the list."

I stopped braiding and frowned in confusion. Who the hell?

"Really? What was the woman's name?" I questioned.

"Uhm, Carmen? Does that name ring a bell?" She asked.

I sighed deeply. "Yes, is Azaria alright?"

"She's a little shaken up and scared. She's been crying for you and Ms. Knowles. I tried calling her, but it went straight to voicemail."

"Yeah, she's in court, so her phone is turned off. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Alright, thank you."

"No, thank you. I'll see you soon." I ended the call and called over Cammy who is a fierce braider like I am.

"You got any clients within the next hour or so?" I asked.

"I have one in like thirty minutes." She answered.