|26|

Two Days Later

Megan POV

The session with the marriage counselor helped me immensely. We came to the conclusion that my commitment issues stem from my first toxic relationship I had with my first love in high school. The nigga did me so dirty, but I've moved on. I guess the fear of being hurt, cheated on and lied to developed within me; and because of that relationship, I'm scared to commit.

I gave that nigga my all, I fully gave myself to him and he fucked me over and I promised myself that it would never happen again.

Ms. Reed also told me, the issue could have also partly derived from losing my father when he went to jail when I was nine. Going from being around him often to losing his physical presence until I was in high school, could have triggered something in me to not want to stick around and fully commit to something.

Since the meeting though, Beyoncé and I haven't really interacted. I've tried to talk to her and sit her down, but by the time I get home, she's not in the mood to talk. So today, I planned a surprise for her when I close the salon and I'm going to have everyone involved, even the kids. Beyoncé knows nothing about it though and I even told Nicki to convince her to show up for the unknown surprise.

I put on my tan, milk chocolate brown and black camouflage army pants, along with a black crop top. Going into the bathroom while Beyoncé was taking a shower, I fixed the side part of my colorful frontal laced wig and curled the ends of the silky, full hair.

Once I heard the shower cut off, I leaned more into the bathroom mirror and looked at my edges. Deciding I needed some gel, I went under the sink and grabbed the container. When I stood up straight, I felt eyes burning through my skin. I looked over at Beyoncé who was staring me down, while biting her lip as she stood in front of the shower dripping, with her towel wrapped around her.

I arched my eyebrow while a small smile spread across my face. I don't know why she's playing and trying to hold out on me, when she's a nympho.

"You wanted something?" I asked.

"No." She shook her head.

I walked over to her and eyed her up and down. "I have a surprise for you and I need you at my salon by 9, okay?" I questioned.

She scoffed. "I won't be there."

I chuckled. "Don't tempt me Giselle, I swear ta God if you aren't there, I will fuck you up. I'm trying to fix this and you're acting like a child, grow up."

"Grow up?" She said shockingly. "Grow up!? You need to grow up Megan!"

"Just because you have four years over me, doesn't mean anything Beyoncé, I'm grown. I'm handling this situation as a twenty-six year old adult would, too bad I can't say the same for you." I fake smiled.

"Get the hell outta my face."

"Whateva', just be at my shop at 9 or I'm leaving yo ass." I lied.

"Leaving me?" She laughed.

"You heard me. Now the conversation is done." I spoke, walking back over to the sink. I tuned Beyoncé out as I finished my hair and fixed my edges. I'm not trying to have a full blown argument with her right before work. She can save that shit.

                                         ~•~

I stood outside, propping my foot up against my white Cadillac truck as I sipped from my smoothie cup.

I needed a break, especially with me going crazy over this surprise I have planned for Beyoncé tonight. It was put together under such short notice that I'm freaking out and worrying about ever single minor detail that could make this go good or really bad.