|39|

New Year's

Beyoncé POV

Megan and I sat on the bed, staring excitedly at the television as the kids slept.

"3..2..1..Happy New Year!" We whispered-yelled at each other. Megan kissed my lips and I threw my arms up in the air before wrapping them around her neck.

When she pulled away, she looked into my eyes. "Happy New Year baby, this year is going to be a blessing."

I smiled and grabbed her face. "I believe that too." I kissed her once more before our phones started blowing up with notifications back to back. New Year texts. I rolled my eyes and pulled away from Megan as I grabbed my phone and she did the same. I tried to respond to everyone I could, but when I saw Nicki's thread, I clicked on it quickly and skimmed through the text.

🦄 Bestie Onika 😍👑

Hey Bey, Happy New Year's, baby. I love you and I know you and Megan are going to do great things this year. I didn't want to ruin your day, but there's something that was sent to me by Trey's associates that I think you should see. Anyway, kiss my babies and Megan for me. I'll see you soon😘💋

I frowned and clicked on the video that was attached to the message. I played it without sound and watched as the love of my life flirted with her baby daddy.

"Oh my god." I whispered.

"What's wrong Bey?" Megan asked me.

"This." I spoke, shoving my phone in her face as I mugged the hell out of her. "Explain this shit. Explain it." I wanted to yell and shout, but I couldn't. I had to remain calm, because my babies are sleeping.

"I don't know where that came from." She spoke. "I haven't gone out with Trey." She shook her head.

"Nicki said one of Trey's associates sent it to her. Does this nigga know people have this video? Is he trying to come between us?" I gritted.

"I don't know Bey, but I will find out. That video is old." She frowned at her phone and started typing away on it.

"How old?" I questioned.

"That had to be the night I met Trey for the first time. I don't know how he or anyone else got it, but that shit is not recent. Someone is trying to make it seem like it's something that it's not." She spoke. "And it's obvious I was drunk and just singing whatever song was playing."

I sighed and snatched her phone out of her hand.

"Beyoncé, what the hell?" She asked, startled.

I went through her message thread with Trey and looked at their messages. "I'm going through yo shit. I always felt this nigga was up to something. From what I see, he's still coming at you. Oh?" I laughed. "You didn't tell me about that shit Megan." I threw her phone at her and got out of the bed.

"Because I can handle his goofy ass Beyoncé. Telling you wouldn't change anything."

"Yes it could have. I could've talked to him or even had Jay talk to him. You letting him say reckless shit like that to you? I gotchu Megan." I went into the closet to grab one of my thick wool shaws and grabbed some nike's before I headed out of the room.

"Beyoncé, where the hell are you going?" Megan asked me, getting out of the bed.

"Out. I need to clear my head and think. Don't wait up for me."