|17|

Beyoncé POV

Bouncing my leg hastily, I looked around the waiting room. I raised my index finger to my mouth and chewed on the tip of my acrylic, thinking about the possible outcome of this doctor visit.

It's been almost a week since I've come back from the Bahamas and the sickness I experienced on the island has followed me back here. Being nauseous, anxious and gaining weight has given Megan enough intuition to believe I'm pregnant. I've thrown up a few times in the last week, but I've blamed that on the sensitivity of my stomach or food that hasn't been prepared properly. No matter what I say, Megan insists that I'm pregnant, so I've decided to come see a doctor.

"Knowles!" I heard.

I looked towards a nurse who was scanning the room.

"Right here." I waved my hand in the air and stood up, walking over to her. After greeting me, she led me through a door and down a long never ending hallway. Stopping at a random room, she told me my doctor would come in to see me in about five minutes and for me to change into a gown. After thanking her, she left me to myself to change.

When my doctor stepped into the room, I was more nervous than I've been the entire morning. I spoke with her about my situation, the symptoms I've been having, and how Megan believes I'm pregnant. The doctor decided that taking a urine test first would be the best option before she performed a full checkup.

Once I finished the urine test, my doctor talked with me about other changes that have been evident in my life, such as mood swings, sensitivity to smells, just overall feelings daily. Given my answers, she told me she firmly believed I was pregnant, but retrieved the results of the urine test for actually proof.

When she read me the results, and I heard the word positive, my head started spinning. How? Jay and I used a condom, unless it was a bad one, and Jay's sperm was able to impregnate me.

"I-I'm pregnant?" I questioned, still unsure if I heard her correctly.

"Yes Beyoncé, ten weeks to be exact." She smiled.

I nodded my head and closed my eyes for a brief moment. How am I going to tell Megan? Most importantly, how will she feel about me being pregnant?

The doctor sensing my lackluster reaction, had a discussion with me about different options, if I wasn't ready for a child. Following that, she performed a full body check up and sent me on my way with a pre-natal prescription.

How the hell am I going to tell Megan and Jay that I'm pregnant?

                                         ~•~

Sitting on my bed, I huffed and called Megan. It rung three times before I heard her sweet voice.

"Yes Bey."

"Hey baby, ummmm, how's everything going?" I asked.

"Good. Busy. I'm doing feed ins right now, what's up?"

"So, I went to the doctor's like you advised me to and I..."

"Say it Bey." She chuckled.

I sighed heavily, looking down at my hands. "I'm pregnant." I whispered.

"I can't hear you baby, speak up."

"I'm pregnant Megan, I'm sorry. You were right."

"You're pregnant, girl I knew it!" She laughed.

"You aren't mad?" I asked.

"No, why would I be? I mean we weren't together when you got pregnant, right?" She asked.