|14|

One Month Later

Beyoncé POV

I sat on my couch, bouncing Azaria on my leg as her giggles filled the room. I smiled at her while I held my phone between my ear and shoulder.

"Y'all should sit down and really talk everything out to see where y'all are in y'all lives. Stop playing and get together, I don't get the issue." Nicki scorned me.

I let out a deep breath. "It's more complicated than that Nicki. I texted her the morning after I confessed what I did, because she ran out on me and all she said was that she needed space. I haven't heard from her since. I don't know what to do or what's going on. I tried to reach out, but she doesn't reply. It's like she fell off the face of the Earth."

"Ba ba ba ba." Azaria babbled, laughing as she bounced on my leg.

She sighed. "I'll work something out, meet me at my house tonight." She insisted.

"I'm watching Azaria."

"Okay? Bring her with you. If some things get out of control I'll keep my eyes on her. My house is baby friendly."

I laughed. "Alright Nic."

"Be here. I'm serious Beyoncé. 9."

"Okay, okay Nicki."

"Alright, I'll see you later."

"Okay, bye."

She hung up and I let my phone drop from my shoulder, making it land on the couch.

"People be tryna boss auntie around." I said to Azaria before picking her up and standing her on my thighs. She smiled and tried to walk on me.

"Go Zari, go Zari, go Zari, go Zari." I smiled, encouraging her.

She started moving up and down like she was dancing and took two steps forward as I held her arms.

"Yay!" I cheered her on. I swooped her into my arms and kissed all over her face, making her laugh.

My phone dinged, signaling a text and I stood Azaria up on me again. She held onto my neck as I grabbed my phone to check my messages. Unlocking my phone, I went to my message app and saw Jay's contact name first, now making our thread, my first message thread.

🥰🙄Jay🤧🥴

              How y'all doin'?

                                                     4:03 pm

😍Bey🐝💦

              Azaria is fine.

                                                          4:05 pm

🥰🙄Jay🤧🥴

             Damn, when you gonna get over this Bey? Fr. I said I was sorry a million times.

                                                       4:09 pm

😍Bey🐝💦

          Idc if you say sorry a million more times, I can't believe you set me up. I only want to speak to you when it's strictly about Azaria. End of story. Bye Shawn.

I rolled my eyes and locked my phone. I'm not ready to forgive Jay yet. Though I was in the wrong also, he came onto me and purposely set me up to sleep with him. That's some foul shit I would never expect from him. It's going to take more than a month for me to forgive him. He's lucky I'm even talking to him at all, and he has Azaria to thank for that. If it wasn't for her, he would've been cut out of my life as soon as he admitted that bullshit.