Keeping my guard up

N'diyah POV:

When I tell you I was nervous and shy as hell when Dontae stopped me it'll be unexplainable how I acting once I reached my car. I mean Ian never seen him around nor have I heard anything about him so that's good I guess.

I know Amira and her lil sidekick saw the scene unfold right in front of their eyes. I saw her about to go walk up to him but he end up bumping into me not that is was on purpose or anything. See I knew Amira from way back to like pre school days we were friends she was like my sister until middle school hit and Ari came that's when our friendship went left. She started picking with me, laughing at my skin complexion, how bad puberty hit me and my face was covered in pimples and black heads, she lowered my self confidence and I just stay quiet and never said anything to her or Ari because I'm never the type to get disrespectful outta the mouth unless I'm really fed up about a situation. Then my mom got hooked on drugs and I had nobody but my lil sister so being quiet just sat right with me.

After I went to get Luxe I took her out to eat as I promised and now where at the park with her and her lil guy friend she done made over the past school year.

"Mommy what we doing after this ?"

"Whatever you wanna do it's up to you?"

"Can we  get  shoes alike and get ice ream?"

I let out a small laugh.

"Of course and we can get a matching outfit as well."

"Yayy ima tell Jason bye bye and I come back."

"Alright baby." I said as she ran off.

Once she came back we went to the mall it wasn't as packed but it was packed and concerning it's a Friday I'm surprised Ian nobody up in her foreal somebody Ian get they monthly check .

"Okay do you want these or these?" I asked Luxe holding up some Jordan  3's UNC and a pair of Jordan 11's.

"UMM both."

"Both it is than huh?"

I asked the man for both our sizes and he went to the back to get them that's when I saw him again lord knows I wasn't ready to face him in person again twice in one day.

He looked at me I seen him from the corner of my eye him and Da'Michel from my school I'm assuming they know eachother.

"Twice in one day shit must be my lucky day huh?" He asked smiling at me while Da'Michel picked up the same Jordan 3's UNC I'm buying.

"Who's lil mama?" He asked lowering down to Luxe level.

"I'm Luxe mommy who's the big man?" She asked referring to Dontae.

"It's just my friend baby say hey to Mr. Dontae." I said looking at her afraid to make eye contact with Dontae.

"Hi Mr. Dontae do you like my mommy?" He motioned Luxe to sit on his lap.

"Well Princess I'm feeling yo mommy why she so quiet?"

"Umm I don't know I ask her if she be sad she say no so I guess mommy otay." Luxe said and Dontae let out a small chuckle.

"She's cute." He said pinching Luxe's cheeks.

"Thank you." I said lowly.

"What you doing after you leave here?" Dontae asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"I gotta take her home and finish my homework." I said barely above a whisper.

"Ight well I'll text you later on Ight?"

I shook my head yes and put my head down.

"What I tell you bout that? Talk to me."